Penn 525 SuperMag

GowerRay

Got one this week as part of a Penn Combo deal. Like a kid in a sweetshop at the tackle place, all eyes and no brain. Checked it (properly) when I got home and apart from a 'Super' sticker on the box and a printed message from Neil Mackellow saying this is a Penn Supermag with ABEC 5 bearings and extra Mags, it was exactly the same to look at as the old 525 Mag. Even the front decal said 525 Mag! Before phoning the shop and making an idiot out of myself I checked on Neil Mackellows web-page. Umpteen similar whinges! After a bit of checking around and getting confirmation from both Neil Mackellow and the tackle shop the details are thus: The Mags sold with the Combos are 525 Mags upgraded to'SuperMag' status. The extra Mags are two more that sit as a piggy-back on the two original central Mags giving a stronger field. The 'SuperMag' decals are on their way over here from the States at the moment and I've been told I can have one as soon as the shop gets them in. Then it shall look just like the one in the ad. :P

So if any of you out there intend getting a Penn Combo with the present stock, you'll know why there's a difference.

Hope it helps.