Customer Service

Ken L

Well, it's all well and good searching the net for bargains but sometimes you just hit a wall.

This is what happened when I tried to get some nice big swimbaits from http://www.outerbanksoutfitters.com/

1st e-mail:

Hi there.

I've just surfed into your site and see that you stock the Mega Bait -

Charlie Sr. Lure (Catalogue # 477601470) at $9.99 inclusive of US postage.

As there is no picture, can you tell me whether this is the old version

with the rear hook hanging from a solid bar underneath the lure or the new

version with two hook hangers and the rear hook attached to a short length

of cable ?

Ken

The relpy:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for providing an opportunity to be of assistance.

This is with reference to your inquiry regarding the Mega Bait Charlie Sr. Lure.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We request you to contact the Pace Products-Mega Bait Customer Support Tean at (714) 773-4132 to inquire about the Mega Bait Charlie Sr. Lure, as we are unable to confirm the same online.

We are sure they will be able to assist you in this regard.

You can also call us at 1-877-690-0004 to place the order.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Lynette,

Customer Service

Not much use so I responded with:

All you had to do was look at the packet !

If you couldn't work out whether it was the old or the new version from my

description, you could have sent me a picture.

I thought Americans prided themselves on customer service......

A little harsh I accept but justified in the light of the responce:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for providing an opportunity to be of assistance.

This is with reference to your inquiry regarding the Mega Bait Charlie Sr. Lure.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We request you to contact the Pace Products-Mega Bait Customer Support Tean at (714) 773-4132 to inquire about the Mega Bait Charlie Sr. Lure, as we are unable to confirm the same online.

We are sure they will be able to assist you in this regard.

You can also call us at 1-877-690-0004 to place the order.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Lynette,

Customer Service

Ever get the feeling that "Customer service" consists of a machine that recognises the name of a product and then e-mails a responce that says "P155 off and talk to the manufacturer, here's their number" ?

BTW, The original version of this lure seems to have a bad reputation for having the rear hook break off - hence the redesign that I mentioned. As to how the manufacturer is suposed to know which version of a lure a retailer is selling, well, go figure....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.