South coast envy! - North Debn Bays Meet?

kishkash

Im feeling a bit left out up here in north devon, hearing about all your south coast exploits chaps!

It seems you have a veratable "posse" down there, some might say a fishing kayak "massive" that is if they were clad in burberry topped with a baseball cap.

So are there any north devon folk that would like to tool up and head out and possibly get organised enough to offer the guvners down south a meet/match.

it would be nice to meet up here for starters.

pav? up for it?

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Just returned from 4 days at combe martin , how I envy you fellas having such beutiful coastlines. Got out twice and managed a few pollock but spent most of my time in awe at the wonderful cliffs and their inhabitants.

Ok Prowler 13

down from Mid Wales with the family!! Even managed to roll over in the surf on the way in much to the amusement of the tourists sat in the beer garden! landed on my feet mind! :rolleyes:

post-6813-1146911106_thumb.jpg

Ok Prowler 13

Hi kishkash.It's high time there was a meet of the North Deb'n branch.

Have you been able to get out yak fishing lately.

I went out for a session yesterday from Appledore.Just the one 1.5lb school bass on ledgered peeler whilst anchored up.very sunny day with result that i now look like an oompa loompa :lol:

Hobie Mirage Outback.

Hey Spuds

yeah ive caught the sun a bit too.

Yeah been out loads in the past month - last night went off puts for a couple of hours - not much to report apart from garfish chasing my spinner all the way to my side and then flicking off!

nice to see them up and at it though - one of good size, going on a foot and half.

think the treble on the wedge i was using was possibly too big?

advice anyone?

had a bass last friday - on the limit so popped him back - gave a cracking fight - caught him 5yds from shore while i was just cruising up the point.

nice winds here today so in at high tide for another looksee.

cheers

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Hey Spuds

yeah ive caught the sun a bit too.

Yeah been out loads in the past month - last night went off puts for a couple of hours - not much to report apart from garfish chasing my spinner all the way to my side and then flicking off!

nice to see them up and at it though - one of good size, going on a foot and half.

think the treble on the wedge i was using was possibly too big?

advice anyone?

had a bass last friday - on the limit so popped him back - gave a cracking fight - caught him 5yds from shore while i was just cruising up the point.

nice winds here today so in at high tide for another looksee.

cheers

Hi kishkash,

Glad to hear the bass are in down your way.

Have you ever fished a place called Welcome Mouth? I stumbled on this little beauty spot last summer (before I had a yak) and have been determined to revisit it, tooled up, so to speak. It looked like the sort of place only known to locals ie. down a rough track, but with a decent parking area next to a waterfall running down to the sea and where a blind eye would be turned to overnighting. The rocks stretching out to sea are covered in mussel beds and I felt sure it would be good bassing territory. It's got some decent breakers that the local surfers appreciate, so I don't know if there would be any problems launching from there. I'll certainly give you a PM whenever I head down your way. :thumbs:

Cheers/tight lines

Hi paintfly

yeah known of Welcome through surfing for years, and yeah it sure does look good for bassing!

has to be a big swell to get any sort of wave action there so almost always ok for launching in terms of surf.

there are a few awesome dingly dells on that stretch that are at the end of rough tracks that are only known by surfers and the farmers - Speaks Mills is another great place - that whole coast is very hard to get to and offers alot of promise.

where are you located?

cheers

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

Hi paintfly

yeah known of Welcome through surfing for years, and yeah it sure does look good for bassing!

has to be a big swell to get any sort of wave action there so almost always ok for launching in terms of surf.

there are a few awesome dingly dells on that stretch that are at the end of rough tracks that are only known by surfers and the farmers - Speaks Mills is another great place - that whole coast is very hard to get to and offers alot of promise.

where are you located?

cheers

Er.. London unfortunately. But I'm off from July till September and am planning on heading down to Cornwall for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July. Could easily break the journey on the way down. However, I may not be able to wait that long if we get any more weather like today. Might be able to squeeze a w/e in. All depends how busy things are at work.