french fishing licence

hymer544

hello all

I am going to le mans to watch the race I want to stop on route at the river la sarthe near alencon my question is can you night fish french rivers and can you get a licence on the internet before you go ? [don't speak much french!!]

many thanks chris :sun::sun:

you don't have to be mad but it helps!!!!!

Most French rivers are no night fishing. As regards licences you must get it in (and for) the region you are going to fish - I've never heard of them being sold over the internet. A large number of bars sell them, especially near their lakes and rivers so you should have no trouble getting one - they are called 'Carte de Peche'.

Rob.

hello all

I am going to le mans to watch the race I want to stop on route at the river la sarthe near alencon my question is can you night fish french rivers and can you get a licence on the internet before you go ? [don't speak much french!!]

Make sure they know you want a licence for carpe they have a more expensive trout licence.

If you fish for just one night you probably won't be bothered but if you fish for longer and are not in an official night fishing area you may have problems.

thank you both for your replys I am just doing the one night , I hope to find a motorhome aire near to the river and fish next to the van.

Hi Chris

If you follow the river you'll find quiet a few overnight places on the banks... often near the bridges in the smaller towns you have either a carpark or camper park.

I stopped a couple of nights in February in my VW camper (not to fish though) at Chateauneuf sur Sarthe.. right by the river on a Camper space...looked carpy... Really quiet, and peaceful with a nice restaurant opposite..could easily have fished out of the campervan.

You'd probably get away with the odd night like that.... just keep your rods out of sight...

Other areas are Chateau Gontier.. area..

Don't know about Alençon and above... but bound to be a spot.. it may take some looking for though.

Tight Lines

Gareth

thank you both for your replys I am just doing the one night , I hope to find a motorhome aire near to the river and fish next to the van.

hello all

What race are you going to Chris ? the MotoGP..???

Also as Rob says you cannot night fish on the rivers, and they are pretty hot on that and do get pretty stroppy (Typical franch) if they catch you.

Also do not forget to sample the local wine... :thumbs:

"Bon Peche"

Edited by Zaphod

Best Fishes

Zaph'

--------------

http://www.tenchfishers.net

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!

hello zaphod going to watch the motor race, I think the motor gp is the week before would like to see that one day

frenchdub thanks for the suggestion about chateauneuf sur sarthe I might try around there,I will proberly get a licence and then play dum torist about the no over night fishing {don,t like breaking the law but this will proberly be my one and only fishing trip to france}

many thanks chris

hello zaphod going to watch the motor race, I think the motor gp is the week before would like to see that one day

frenchdub thanks for the suggestion about chateauneuf sur sarthe I might try around there,I will proberly get a licence and then play dum torist about the no over night fishing {don,t like breaking the law but this will proberly be my one and only fishing trip to france}

many thanks chris

Ok Chris,

Enjoy the racing and good lick with the fishing mate.

Have a nice trip, or as the frogs say Bon Route....!!

Ok Chris,

Enjoy the racing and good luck with the fishing mate.

Have a nice trip, or as the frogs say Bon Route....!!

Best Fishes

Zaph'

--------------

http://www.tenchfishers.net

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!