Farnham Angling Society: New Website

Rob Hale

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Farnham Angling Society (FAS) have launched their new website at http://www.farnhamanglingsociety.com

On the site you can find club news, details of stocking programs, scenery photo's of their waters as well as photo's of fish caught by members.

If you're a member and would like to contribute to the site, please feel free to email webmaster@farnhamanglingsociety.com

Tight lines,

Rob

It's better than the last one!

I was a FAS member for a few years. They've got some very nice waters, especially the Frenshams and the river Wey. I never did make it to the Loddon, which is a shame. Waaaaay too many people on the lakes though, so at least I'm doing my bit by moving to Oxfordshire :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's better than the last one!

I was a FAS member for a few years. They've got some very nice waters, especially the Frenshams and the river Wey. I never did make it to the Loddon, which is a shame. Waaaaay too many people on the lakes though, so at least I'm doing my bit by moving to Oxfordshire :lol:

I'll echo Anderoo. I was fortunate enough to fish their stretch of the Loddon last year with Trefor West and Lyn....it was a real pleasure. I blanked but the river and the company more than made up for it.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I caught my one and only barbel out of the Wey, 5 1/2lb on a quivertipped worm, complete fluke. I also had several carp up to 12lb from there - that really was an experience. There was 1 swim where they lived and they fought like tigers in the fast water. Plus trout on the fly in the close season, some nice chub caught by stalking and freelining in the summer, and some beautiful grayling on maggot, plus some decent perch. Hardly ever saw anyone else there.

Meanwhile everyone else is jammed into Badshot Lea or Lodge Pond driving their little boats about :yucky:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

:D

It's a decent club, as long as you're prepared to get off your bedchair. A couple of the lakes see very little pressure and are superb carp waters, and the rivers are usually deserted. However, if you stick to the popular lakes it can be really overcrowded and unenjoyable.

To be honest if you live close enough it's worth it for the rivers and the Frenshams alone. (There, that's £65 I've just spent for you!)

Good to see a few members and ex-member's on here.

The rivers are going well, with big barbel, chub and I'm told carp coming out last season.

If you're into the lakes, all of them are producing lake and society records for a lot of the species. I've said it in previous years, but this year "I *am* going for the barbel"! :)

Would welcome any comments on the new site, drop me an email if you have any pics or info you'd be kind enough to share: webmaster@farnhamanglingsociety.com

:D

It's a decent club, as long as you're prepared to get off your bedchair. A couple of the lakes see very little pressure and are superb carp waters, and the rivers are usually deserted. However, if you stick to the popular lakes it can be really overcrowded and unenjoyable.

To be honest if you live close enough it's worth it for the rivers and the Frenshams alone. (There, that's £65 I've just spent for you!)

Edited by Rob Hale