fly gear

Hungry Fisherman

those fulling mill rods looks good what one should i aim for weight wise etc the 8?

i had a look at the veals website also theres some rods on there as well

they anygood everet?

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

been sniffing i aint figured out what weight to get

how does the weight of the line affect the action of the rod in casting etc i mean if i go 9 line 8 rod to 8 line 9 rod as some say 8/9 etc

i seen this web site seems good are the prices up to date?

http://www.swiftys-fishing-tackle.co.uk/

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

how does the weight of the line affect the action of the rod in casting etc i mean if i go 9 line 8 rod to 8 line 9 rod as some say 8/9 etc

For the novice it's best to match the line weight to the rod i.e. a #8 line to a #8 rod. In the case of rods with dual ratings like #8/9, then a#8 line will work best with a faster casting stroke, whilst a #9 will slow the rod down. Likewise if you have a #8 rod, underling a rod with a #7 will require the faster stroke, overlining with a #9 will again slow things down.

Edited by MJB

I say overline for kayak fishing ive been fishing an 8# line on a 7 # rod and it suits the situation. This may slow the rod down but you will be casting downwind from a yak so the larger loop will not be an issue. It also means there will be less effort in loading the rod and you wont need to arialise so much of the head of the line to load the road up ready to shoot.

Good luck

OZ

ok got the lines sussed ill go for the cortland as thats had he best response so far the reel i aint sure how important it is to throw money at this but the rods the main item

anyone used a fulling mill or able to give feedbacl on them :D from experience

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

turns out my old fly rod i have for trout fishing is a 8/9 and i have old 9 line and reel the rods a shakespeare sigma supra dunno if its any good but i plan on buying the line mentioned and practise with it ill hopefully be able to use the reel i have looks like its ok and get a rod of barramundi in the very near future i just got to figure out how to make leaders for sea fly fishing oh and get a mark to play on :(

think ill have to link up with some one with a clue what there doing not to far from london :D may get the fulling mill gold series see how it goes :D

erm i for some reason seem more interested in targeting some gar on me setup rather than bass maybe cos bass elude me to mutch

any one know of any good gar marks withing a couple hours of london

:D

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

1 Shakespeare Glider Hi Viz Backing Line £5.50

1 Okuma Airframe - Large Arbour Graphite Reels

- Okuma Airframe : Airframe AFTM 7-9 - Weight 175gr £29.99

1 Fox 300 Series Polarised Glasses - Lens Colour : Grey

- Shakespeare Leader Loops : Intermediate £1.75

1 Masterline Illusion Leaders

- Breaking Strain : 8.0lbs £4.99

1 Cortland 444SL Ghost Tip Fly Line £39.99

also sorting a fulling mill ti4 series 8# £149

this is it i could do with a recomendation on what flys to use for bass and gar and general theres a zillion out there i would like to sort out

10 diff patterns to start with if not less plus ill be fishing for some one with the patience to let me tag along a few trips to learn something also

offer a couple marks :D

i know mullet are finecky can they or will they take a fly i ust thought a fly would make a good tactic for these fish

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

yippee my rods arrived [before the reel and lines i ordered before it]

seems almost a shame to expose it to saltwater think ill just touch it and make swishing noises for now :D

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod