Catching more than you wanted to...

mfduk1

Evening all,

Thought I would share this, went to a local lake on Tuesday nice day in between the showers and managed to land a couple of decent fish on a short session. Suffered the usual couple of mozzie bites but didn't think too much of that until the next day!

Woke up Wednesday and my arm was like a ballon, red, sore and itchy. Went off down to A&E assuming this was an allergic reaction, they gave me some antibiotics and packed me off.

Next day worse agian the infection having spread down to my fingers and up to my shoulder. Back to the hospital - this time I was kept in over night on IV antibiotics - now released but have to go back for more injections for the next few days.

The condition is called cellulitis (sic) and is a localsised skin infection, I don't know if I could have done much to prevent it - but thought you should know that if something similar happens to you - don't hang about get down to the hospital and get it treated - it doesn't get better on it's own and is potentialy life threatning.

Cheers

hope you recover m8. i think i need to buy some mozzie spray

cheers, getting better. Did mozzie spray, think it washed off puuting them back in. Oh well you live and learn !

Not good mate is it . I had celluitis in my lower leg after taking a nasty bang in a rugby match and then catching it again 2 days later on a stepladder. Next morning my whole lower leg was bright red and really painful. Luckily , they caught it quickly enough and managed to treat it with anti-biotics.......although the first lot they give me gave me stomach cramps and i spent 20 out of the next 24 hours sat on the crapper !!!.......mmmm....nice

hope you recover m8. i think i need to buy some mozzie spray

Just for the record, more people die from mozzie bites in the world , than any other venimus reptiles/ animal bites etc, or get disease from them like Malaria etc, you never know what or who they have bit before they bite you, thus passing on some thing nasty.

Use the mozzie cream and if hot and you are sweating, you can top up after a fews hours with the sachets of mozzie wipes, they do help, jungle formula works ok, from your local chemist, sounds a pain, but can less painfull than a bite or the result of a bite, learnt a lot about the world of mozzie bites through working 10 1/2 thousand feet up in the mountains of Guatemala last August, and No never caught any carp up there, before you ask.

Just for the record, more people die from mozzie bites in the world , than any other venimus reptiles/ animal bites etc, or get disease from them like Malaria etc, you never know what or who they have bit before they bite you, thus passing on some thing nasty.

Use the mozzie cream and if hot and you are sweating, you can top up after a fews hours with the sachets of mozzie wipes, they do help, jungle formula works ok, from your local chemist, sounds a pain, but can less painfull than a bite or the result of a bite, learnt a lot about the world of mozzie bites through working 10 1/2 thousand feet up in the mountains of Guatemala last August, and No never caught any carp up there, before you ask.

Thanks for the advice Trevor, have had the last of the injections today and all seems to be getting better. So it's back to the banks next week, but unfortunately also back to work!

Rupert Brooke, the poet who wrote the famous lines “If I should die, think only this of me: that there's some corner of a foreign field that is for ever England” died, not in action, but from septicaemia (blood poisoning) as a result of a mosquito bite - they are indeed nasty little perishers (as are horse flies, but you usually know when one of those has bitten you)!