mid channel wrecking

squidlips

post-6135-1151008166_thumb.jpgI know about Hardy rod's but not boat's what's it like. Do you have a picture?

I have a 90 HP Susuki 4 stroke attached whitch runs on petrol and LPG that'saves me a euro a litre!

But it cost me about 10% of power but it still runs a good 27 knot's but it is only possible when it's flat calm.

What is not good about the raider?

Regards Jan

An LPG conversion sounds interesting :g:

Especially if it saves 70p a litre!

Anyone know any more??

Guest muttley
I accept on many boats that it's up to the person. However we have discussed the pros and cons of wearing life-jackets when fishing in even calm water several times here.

My feeling is still that many anglers don't wear them because it is seen as un macho and little to do with comfort. After all a 150N inflatable life-jacket is not going to make you much hotter than not wearing it.

I should add that I absolutely mean no disrespect to you by posting this. Loads of boat anglers don't wear them. However I, as an infrequent boat angler, tend to do what the others are already doing on a boat. So if jackets aren't worn, mine will stay in my bag too.

Dont be a sheep...if you feel better wearing one..wear it!!!

I was thinking of the broader implications here though, not just me personally. It is the unexpected we should be covering for. If someone simply falls into a calm, warm sea when the boat is stationary, the odds are there won't be a problem. In fact you probably wouldn't even fall in in these circumstances anyway.

However if you're motoring along, and ride the wash of a large boat poorly, maybe someone could accidentally fall in, and bang their head. Then I think we owe it to our families and friends to have been wearing a life jacket.

Same thing goes for rock fishing too, methinks.