mid channel wrecking

squidlips

we managed to get out to the mid channel wrecks today (30 miles off the isle of wight) what a red letter day we had.species were cod to 8lb, pollack to 14lb and bass to 5lb these are the ones we kept loads more returned.we had also never seen the sea so flat calm, :yeah: and all slightly sunburnt. :sun:

off to bed soon as we set off at 4am this morning.

regards karl

ps will anyone volunteer to put the pictures on here if i email them as i am not too clued up on that kind of stuff :schmoll:

karlmoore1.jpg

karlmoore2.jpg

karlmoore3.jpg

karlmoore4.jpg

karlmoore5.jpg

karlmoore6.jpg

Thats them all m8. If you want to post them on other forums you can get the image tags from this link

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/

Fantastic pics too. Looks like you had a real good day with fantastic weather.

Edited by glennk

even the boat got suntanned but in reverse :D even one person went small and changed sex :D

i was going to ask about the safety of going that far with just one outboard but you took a spare boat just incase :clap:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi there

We do a lot of fishing till 30 miles of IJmuiden the ony thing we catch is (a lot of) cod to about 8 lbs and sometimes a little bigger.

Point is we don't have a lot of species to fish for apart of cod , bass and the odd small pollack. So I went on holyday fishing in Ireland and Scotland for shark and skate with me own boat. I have an Orka 535s a Dutch made boat but I fancy a sea raider 18 like you have. So can you tell me how fast it went on a sea like that? And how much fuel it uses?

Cheers Dutchie

Hi there

We do a lot of fishing till 30 miles of IJmuiden the ony thing we catch is (a lot of) cod to about 8 lbs and sometimes a little bigger.

Point is we don't have a lot of species to fish for apart of cod , bass and the odd small pollack. So I went on holyday fishing in Ireland and Scotland for shark and skate with me own boat. I have an Orka 535s a Dutch made boat but I fancy a sea raider 18 like you have. So can you tell me how fast it went on a sea like that? And how much fuel it uses?

Cheers Dutchie

hi dutchie

the orange raider has a 150 hp johnson fitch it will reach 40 knots flat out unloaded and uses funnels for carbs (drinks fuel big style) :( .the green raider has a mercury 90 hp four stroke and is also quite juicy,max speed 26 knots.another club member has a raider with a 75hp evinrude e-tec brilliant on fuel and still does 22 knots which is plenty fast enough in my oppinion.

personaly i think there are better boats out there for your money.thats why i own a hardy with a yamaha 60 four stroke. :yeah:

regards karl

post-6135-1151008166_thumb.jpgI know about Hardy rod's but not boat's what's it like. Do you have a picture?

I have a 90 HP Susuki 4 stroke attached whitch runs on petrol and LPG that'saves me a euro a litre!

But it cost me about 10% of power but it still runs a good 27 knot's but it is only possible when it's flat calm.

What is not good about the raider?

Regards Jan

we managed to get out to the mid channel wrecks today (30 miles off the isle of wight) what a red letter day we had.species were cod to 8lb, pollack to 14lb and bass to 5lb these are the ones we kept loads more returned.we had also never seen the sea so flat calm, :yeah: and all slightly sunburnt. :sun:

off to bed soon as we set off at 4am this morning.

regards karl

Sounds a good trip. Any reason why you don't wear inflatable lifejackets?

Sounds a good trip. Any reason why you don't wear inflatable lifejackets?

life jackets are on the deck in that heat. :sun: its up to the person if they want to wear one on my boat

regards karl

Nice fishing!!! And pretty flat sea! but it wasnt so long ago that a trip like that would have caught cod and pollack to an average of 20lb ling a bit more and conger up to 80lb.

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

life jackets are on the deck in that heat. :sun: its up to the person if they want to wear one on my boat

regards karl

I accept on many boats that it's up to the person. However we have discussed the pros and cons of wearing life-jackets when fishing in even calm water several times here.

My feeling is still that many anglers don't wear them because it is seen as un macho and little to do with comfort. After all a 150N inflatable life-jacket is not going to make you much hotter than not wearing it.

I should add that I absolutely mean no disrespect to you by posting this. Loads of boat anglers don't wear them. However I, as an infrequent boat angler, tend to do what the others are already doing on a boat. So if jackets aren't worn, mine will stay in my bag too.

Edited by Lid