Fishing in Basingstoke

lastnameleft

Hi Lyn, Thanks - that would be great. Eastleigh have lost the best grayling beat, but there are a few others that are worth a go. If you could let me know when the teach-ins are I'll make sure I attend. looks like a good club for pike fishing. Also the stretches of the Loddon look pretty impresive.

ATB

Darrell

The Loddon at Stanford End is where I hold my junior teach in evey year. It is a lovly stretch and great for the kids although last year was really hard work with only one small barbel coming out. The year before we had barbel to 11.8 and chub to 5.3 to one of the girls. It's a great day and as Argyll will tell you as he came and helped out last year.

We also have stretches of the Wey & Whitewater both of these hold barbel but everyone keeps very quiet about their catches!!!

Look forward to seeing you again, if you can get an exchange before September we could have a barbel session if you like.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Well done to Farnham for the respect shown to Pike - an example for others.

One question though - my club -Eastleigh and district have exchange books with Farnham and district, as quoted in my book, is this the same club?

If so, how does it work if I were to do an exchange and wish to fish for pike?

You can certainly exchange permits as Lyn suggests, which is great if you fancy a change or want to try the waters.

Farnham Angling Society's Pike teach-ins are open to all anglers, members and non-members of any age.

Stretches of the Loddon, Wey and Blackwater (I'm told) hold barbel, I'd be interested in any catches out of the rivers and the Whitewater as I'm lacking info for the website!

Edited by Rob Hale

Just a slight warning that FAS isn't that great for pike fishing. It is a good club though. In the summer why not beef your gear up and try for some catfish at Badshot Lea?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music