canons ashby

numes

hi guys ,

ive got the day off tomorrow so i think im gonna have a day at a lake, a friend of mine has said i should try the lakes at canons ashby ,i cant find much info about it online so i was just after some opinions really .

my friend said id be best of at the top lake ,i just want catch a few fish ,do a bit of floatfishing and maybe put me carp rod out .can i fish 2 rods ?

cheers if you can help.

paul

All I found was this...

Canons Ashby Lakes, Canons Ashby

Two old monastic stew ponds controlled by Northampton Castle AA. The Top Lake has 30 pegs and averages 3ft deep. The Bottom Pool has similar depths and 32 pegs.

From Flore take the A5 south. Turn right to Litchborough, continuing to Maidford, then Canons Ashby. In Canons Ashby pass the church and turn right by Canons Ashby House. Go down this road to the lakes and car park.

Top Lake Barbel to 1lb, bream over 4lbs, carp to 29lbs, crucian carp to 2lbs, goldfish, gudgeon, perch over 2lbs, roach to 2lbs, rudd to 2lbs and tench. Bottom Pool Barbel to 1lb, bream over 4lbs, carp to 33lbs, crucian carp to 2lbs, goldfish, gudgeon, perch over 2lbs, roach to 2lbs, rudd to 2lbs and tench.

No bolt rigs, No method feeders, No floating baits, Two keepnets essential, one for fish under 2lbs and one for fish over 2lbs.

No boilies, Groundbait limited to 1kg a session.

Just searched AnglersNet and you've fished it before, so the above is of no use to you :(

Edited by WickerDave

Just searched AnglersNet and you've fished it before, so the above is of no use to you

?? i can assure you dave that ive never fished it before, best off re-reading whatever it was you found on the search .

thanks for the other info you found .

paul.