Room for 2 berths

Must be able to cruise at least 12 knots

Teal 22

Wilson Flyer 23/ 24

Colvic Seaworker

Any others

What sort of speed would a Seaworker do with a 80 hp engine

Hi

Do you mean trailerable in that you'll take it to somewhere and then put it on a mooring, or are you planning to trail it to a location and recover each time?

None of those boats you've quoted are really suitable for constant launching. It takes 2 people and a rollercoaster trailer to launch something like a Warrior and they are much smaller and lighter than these. Trying to get a Seaworker on and off a trailer would be a nightmare - they weigh over 2 tons!!!!!

You should get 10-12 knots out of an 80hp Seaworker as they are a semi-displacement hull. People claim 20kts with a 130hp

Dave

Hi

It would be just to a mooring for the summer months. How do Shetlands handle in a rough sea?.

My mate has a Shetland 536 (17ft) which has the same hull design as the Raider (gullwing) It's a good compromise between comfort and speed. Doesn't slam like a Warrior but it's not as fast. More of a seagoing cabin cruiser than a hairy-arsed fishing boat. Good freeboard on it, so you feel safe in a lumpy sea.

I have a Maritime 21 with a Yanmar 30hp diesel. Only does 6.5kts but will handle a lot of sea and is a very comfortable ride as it's a displacement hull. Also costs me less than a tenner in fuel for a full day's fishing

Like everything, yer pays yer money and makes yer choice - speed, comfort, economy, size?

Dave