hot waether

j green

hi

goign france this saturday and beecause its goign to be hot do you think the fish will hold up at the dam end of the lake(there is a dam end which is realy deep and then a shallow end. I would of thought the fish stayed in the shallow end)

what do you think would you fish the deeper parts of the lake in the hot weather or is the dam ends of lakes always good no matter what the conditions.

thanks

j.green

They are used to the conditions but I think you will still find night better.

Oh and dont believe all that old hog wash about French carp not taking floaters.

Dont base your choice of swim just on the dams location or the depth of water.Many anglers going to France (or in fact anywhere for a fishing holiday) seem to think that "just being there with a bait in the water" will catch them loads! It wont.If you want to catch then youvev still got to use your watercraft skills to find the fish and prefferably feeding ones at that!

That said get the most out of your holiday and thats achieved by enjoying yourself not what you catch!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 2 weeks later...

just got back and had myself about 100 fish with 70 being carp and 20 off them being catfish most of the cats were only 5lbs but there are two cats of 45lbs and 65lbs and luckly i had onh the second evening had the smaller catfish out at 48lbs 12ounces which was my first ever catfish also the biggest of my carp was 29lbs 4ounces and i had two 28lbs a 27lbs and many 22lbs upto 25lbs had a brilliant weeks fishing i also had a 4lbs 4ounces roach which was brilliant.

j.green