For Sale

Hi all.

I have a mint Daiwa Ivan Marks Tornado 11ft 9in match rod. Unused, with the shrink wrap still on the handle. Just wondering if it's worth anything or should I just use it? Any ideas?

BLIMEY!! I used to have a Whisker Ivan Marks, but not heard of the Tornado?? And at 11'9"?? And I thoughtI was quite up on Daiwa rods!! I'd hang on to it unless you REALLY need to use it!! It WILL be worth money some day!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

BLIMEY!! I used to have a Whisker Ivan Marks, but not heard of the Tornado?? And at 11'9"?? And I thoughtI was quite up on Daiwa rods!! I'd hang on to it unless you REALLY need to use it!! It WILL be worth money some day!

Thanks Chris,

I don't need to use it. I was going to give it to one of the grandsons but i'll hang on to it for a bit longer. I'll keep it together with my Alcocks Super Wizard which was bought new for me when I was a whippersnapper.

Guest Ferret1959
Thanks Chris,

I don't need to use it. I was going to give it to one of the grandsons but i'll hang on to it for a bit longer. I'll keep it together with my Alcocks Super Wizard which was bought new for me when I was a whippersnapper.

I have my Dads Super Wizard, I think he had it off my Grandad who won it in a match many Moons ago.

Still in mint condition, only comes out when I feel nostalgic and wanna play with my Dads Ariel Match. ;)

I have my Dads Super Wizard, I think he had it off my Grandad who won it in a match many Moons ago.

Still in mint condition, only comes out when I feel nostalgic and wanna play with my Dads Ariel Match. ;)

You trying to say I'm old Ferret ;)

Mine has two tops. I was showing my brother how you can pick up a quality rod by it's tip. :oops:

My rod has a regular top section & a six inch shorter "ledger" one as well now

You trying to say I'm old Ferret ;)

Mine has two tops. I was showing my brother how you can pick up a quality rod by it's tip. :oops:

My rod has a regular top section & a six inch shorter "ledger" one as well now

THOUGHT it sounded a bit short??!?! :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

THOUGHT it sounded a bit short??!?! :P

That was the "Super Wizard" Chris. The Tornado Match is actually labelled 11 3/4.

Just so you know it next time. Here's a pic

post-2323-1153395269_thumb.jpg post-2323-1153395336_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aquaholic

That was the "Super Wizard" Chris. The Tornado Match is actually labelled 11 3/4.

Just so you know it next time. Here's a pic

post-2323-1153395269_thumb.jpg post-2323-1153395336_thumb.jpg

RIGHT!! Certainly IS a new one for me!! I know the tornado range and as I say had an Ivan Marks whisker. 13ft with match tip and also screwed Daiwa for a spliced tip too!! But not seen that one!! Gotta be worth a few quid to someone!!??

Chris Goddard