vhs info

niko

Niko, this thread may be of interest. A poster mentions a disadvantage of handheld DSC in that a GPS needs to be connected to it in order to give out your location. Doesn't sound practical for kayakers having a cable between the two, more so if the VHF is attached to your buoyancy aid (where it should be).

thanks for the info

you can get one abroad with the gps built in but loads of money .i think ill order an icom IC-M71 ive found it for £180 its got 6w power and IPX8 rating waterproofing .the ic-m31 has 5w power with ipx7 rating for £140 so not a huge differance in price

check out www.marinescene.co.uk I got a Silva S12 from them last week. Cheep as chips (£78.50) and waterproof plus all the bits in the box you could need, for added protection they do a waterproof bag for £9.99 and they give you a floating keyring with every order. There are loads of places to do your radio licence check out www.rya.org.uk I've paid £80 for the 8 hour course and exam.

check out www.marinescene.co.uk I got a Silva S12 from them last week. Cheep as chips (£78.50) and waterproof plus all the bits in the box you could need, for added protection they do a waterproof bag for £9.99 and they give you a floating keyring with every order. There are loads of places to do your radio licence check out www.rya.org.uk I've paid £80 for the 8 hour course and exam.

im booked on for the course but its not till oct ,ive found the silva for £69 but i fancy the look of the icom

i guess im a tackle tart!

Niko. Icom used by Coast Guard and MOD. They are rock solid and a charge will last for a couple of days.

take a look here www.jkmax.co.uk. Good prices backed by honest assessments and great service.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

well ive bitten the bullit and ordered a icom IC-M71 and a waterproof case that floats

as i can not get on the course untill oct ive allso ordered a "how to "book from the rya

all i need now is the yak!!!!

niko

from what Ive read ,you will be most pleased with your icom. sales and aftersales have been second to none on the wales site. Lets hope it stays that way :)

cheers

ML

nice one chears for that mate

Heard a lot of comments and reports on other forums about the SILVA S12 and so far none have been that favourable, especially long term, long term meaning 12 months :(

It might be wise to have a search around for some reviews before buying, would post the link from the Welsh kayak fishing forum but their site is down for maintenance today, they have a great review about 3 manufacturers.

Yakity had a Silva and sent it back after it stopped working after a few months. Personally I would look at Icom or Entel, and leave the rest on the shelf.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

well the icom arrived today and first impressions the quality is superb

i turned it on and heard a transmission ,this might not seem impressive but bearing in mind my house is surrounded by hills and the hole house is lined with foil covered insulation (internal aerials tv radio etc dont work here)i am very impressed

on my very very limited view if people are in my position go for icom you will not be disappointed