Todays Angling Show at Haydock

JackPike

Guest tigger
I managed to get the day off work so the Wife and I are off to the Angling Show at Haydock is anyone else going ?

Only just seen your post, was the show any good? Any tackle going cheap etc ?

Tigger.

Hi I went to the tackle fair on Sunday. How do they do gear so cheap. I bought a new landing net and keepnet (Middy Commercial approved) for £15 a new weigh-in sling for my club (again commercial approved) for a tenner and all the bits and peices I need for Ireland next month (feeders hooks etc for another tenner. If I'd done this at my local tackle shop it would have cost me twice that.

:lol:

Guest tigger
Hi I went to the tackle fair on Sunday. How do they do gear so cheap. I bought a new landing net and keepnet (Middy Commercial approved) for £15 a new weigh-in sling for my club (again commercial approved) for a tenner and all the bits and peices I need for Ireland next month (feeders hooks etc for another tenner. If I'd done this at my local tackle shop it would have cost me twice that.

:lol:

Are there likley to be anymore at Haydock this summer?

I found out there was a lot of junk there 'pike gags what are they doing on sale' anyway pick up a shelter half price and a Shimano Feeder rod for £33 so I was pleased with them I was going to get a keepnet but forgot to pick one up they had some nice Greys Barbel rods but I did,nt rise to the temptation. They usually have a Tacklemania at Haydock every year but not sure when

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

Are there likley to be anymore at Haydock this summer?

Doubt it. They only have them twice a year, usually in April then again in August. Look out for a similar event in the Angling Press. It happens again twice a year in Manchester. There must be one due soon. Its organised by Used Tackle and most of the same stalls are there.

Doubt it. They only have them twice a year, usually in April then again in August. Look out for a similar event in the Angling Press. It happens again twice a year in Manchester. There must be one due soon. Its organised by Used Tackle and most of the same stalls are there.

Its normally held in a sports centre near to Barton bridge just off the M60 (trafford park), but like this years Haydock do I thought it wasn't worth the entrance ticket price, still each to his own I'm glad someone found a bargain.

A couple of years back it was good, attracted local tackle dealers as well as the usual 'cheapjacks' you couldn't move for stuff and they had talks from Bob Nudd and Des Taylor. This year it was a shadow, Bob was still there but it must be getting hard to justify his appearance fee.

I don't think there was more than 8 tents and most of the stuff was repetitive, the pole gear I saw was particularly poor quality stuff.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates