Mirror on a Rainy Day

HOPPY4

On Saturday, I was caught between what I Wanted to Do and what was Happening Outside with the weather! I found myself at the entrance of the Gated portion of Haines Point at 7 AM. I waited for 30 minutes or so and the authorities finally arrived. The Calamity then continued as the officer could not open the gate. Between the four of us, it was not happening and I just shook my head and walked away. I asked the officer about my Parking over by the bridges in Lot #3 of the Jefferson Memorial overflow and was told that this was OK! The reason that this is Important is that I received a Parking Ticket in July for being in the Lot before 8 AM! $50.00 later and I am still ANGRY about this as I have Parked there for the past year and half without incident previously. Now on to fishing!!!! The place that I most Enjoy during the summer months for Carp fishing on the Potomac was my venue. It was raining at a constant rate by now and the Brolley was the first thing out. As this was not the most Enjoyable weather for most Runners and Walkers, I placed my rods directly on the railing with the Buzz bars wrapped around it. The number of Runners and Walkers was more than exspected on this stormy Sept. Saturday to say the least. By 8: 40 AM, I had 2 rods in the water and was making the final preparations for the last. I had noticed that the first and second rods were indicating nibbles as the fish were eating the chum on the feeders, but No Takes. Bait was a boillie/corn mix and nibbles were all that I was was receiving. The third rod was basicly the same with a Range-Cube for hook bait. At about 9:50AM, the middle rod bents with a screem of the alarm and the fish headed for the bridge colum. After a bit of guidance, the fish was at the net and I was VERY Happy with the sight. This was my First Mirror or Mirrorest Carp since I returned from europe. I was able to request the assistance of a passer-by to take the photo before releasing it back. There were 5 other fish caught during the day to 18lb. and a continuing Down Pour. It is said in Germany that " If you only fish when the Sun is Shinning, then you will not fish Very often" and I learned to use the time when it is available. Crazy Maybe, but as long as it is not Thunder Storming, I will PLAY!!!

HOPPY4

post-1492-1220967447_thumb.jpg

HOPPY

Budgie,

You know exactly where it came from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, there was a chart up a while back that gave the percentage of Commons/Mirrors/Leather Breakdown. Would happen to have a copy still? Thanks Bro!

HOPPY4

Nice one James!
Edited by HOPPY4

HOPPY

WTG James. Great looking fish.

You coulda caught one the day we were there though. I've never seen one except in photos.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, It was the LUCK of the Draw and I do mean DRAW!!!!!!!! By the way, did you receive the PM that I sent? Give me a quick shout if you did not.

HOPPY4

WTG James. Great looking fish.

You coulda caught one the day we were there though. I've never seen one except in photos.

HOPPY