Coming back to the sport

biw

Don't panic Biw. Everything you did 10 years ago will work just as well today. OK, you might need to modify a few rigs to meet todays accepted fish-safety practises but little else has changed. The stuff you were buying 10 years ago, is still supplied at most tackle shops, so you won't get laughed out of the shop. If you aren't sure about anything, just ask and we'll all do out best to keep you right...OK?

I still use maggots, bread, slotted bungs, open-ended feeders (God forbid!!) and all manner of ancient tackle.

You'll be fine. Just ask away if you aren't sure about something.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Both. Using baitbands, superglue or hair-rigged, depending on the size of the pellets and your target fish. There are also soft pellets that can be hooked in the conventional way.

What size/type are your pellets?

the pellets are fairly small. my g/friend came in with them, they are hi-betaine fish meal pellets, hope that helps

s_mac

woman want me, fish fear me

the pellets are fairly small. my g/friend came in with them, they are hi-betaine fish meal pellets, hope that helps

s_mac

Sorry it's probably over-complicating matters here with talk of pellets. Didn't see the intro to the question.

I'd guess that a huge %age of A.N. coarse crew still use maggots, worms, bread, sweetcorn, luncheon meat, crumb groundbait etc etc on a totally routine basis. The guys giving advice up above are dead right.

Newt's advice will point you the right way regarding pellets. It's also a great way to search the forum in general, as the Google search facility works much better than the internal search method.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Loose feed but for sure, pellets as a hook bait is done and can be very effective.

If you do a google search for

site:anglersnet.co.uk pellet hook bait

(note: no space before or after the : )

you will get about 170 hits from this site and quite a few of them have details about using pellets.

Thats handy to know Newt,I pressume you can do it on any subject? Ive never had much luck when using the search feature on AN to try and find specific threads/posts.Then again Ive never bothered to read the instructions.

Slightly off subject (erm in fact miles!) how are you getting on with the E book of your visit and did you get the photos of mine and Andrews ? he was meant to send them.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Slightly off subject (erm in fact miles!) how are you getting on with the E book of your visit and did you get the photos of mine and Andrews ? he was meant to send them.

Yes Bruv, I did sent them but I still don't know if Newt got them ok? Would Newt kindly let me know if he got them ok, please?

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

glad im not the only returning guy !! also been away for about 9years

left just as hair rigs were the craze couldnt be arsed trying to tie em..now im dumbfounded by the new stuff in tacklshops

And Geezus H the price!!!

racks of plastic baits of every type

ledger rigs that looks like a puzzel from a flaming christmas cracker(Bolt rigs?)

Funnyfloats called polaris costing the earth!

braided line i cant even cut with me old scissors!! and doesnt seem to take kindly to my knots!

3 score and ten types of Pellets of every flavour and colour ...nearest i ever got to useing a pellet was the ones i used to buy at the castle down near chichester for 50p to throw in the trout pool!!

Dissolving PVC bags the (the ones you fill withfeed and the bait that you accidentally dip into the water as you get ready to cast causeing you to ecclaim "Oh ****!!" as you hastilly lift up your rod tip dispatiching said bait over your head as you despeartely try to cast out before it selfdestructs!!

electronic boxes for finding fish the American way (as if im gonna have one of those stuck on the end of a bankstick, I have some pride you know!!

and thats just on my first visit to a shop!

Anyway where the heck is My Dacron Gone to!!! :blink:

LOL at Tenchbloke!

I went on my first trip back yesterday, just to a pond on Epping Forest, with my girlfriend and a mate. Me and my mate floatfished maggot, while the other half used my old Browning pole.

I had a whale of a time, we caught about 50 small roach & perch and some more decent fish to about 1/2 lb. A bite every cast and lots of missed bites! Lovely sunny day too.

A perfect reintroduction. :)