Great Dorset Steam Fair

Tog

http://www.gdsf.co.uk

Well, it's that time of year again and from next Tuesday I encamp at Blandford for a week playing with the engines.

If you've never been to this 'festival' you'r missing out on the biggest secret in southern England.

Over 200,000 people will visit this show which encompasses nearly all things country/craft and mechanical - plus the largest funfair you will ever see.

(loads for 'the girlies' - horsey stuff & crafty plus 500 odd trade stalls selling everything from dune buggies to life insurance!).

Bring lots of cash! (exchange office on site does do cash @£1.50)

Saturday evening there is the sight of 50 odd Showmans engines all lit up - but it is VERY busy, I'd suggest a visit midweek and stay on till late for the fairground at night.

Traffic is not too bad now as they have moved the car parks to each end of the ground - although the walk is longer you get in & out much quicker.

If anyone wants a play: PM me and I'll give you my mobile #, we'll only have 3 engines running this year due to a lack of drivers and my fathers illness.

This could be our last year - so if you want a run on 7.5 tons of hissing steaming iron let me know (we also have 2 smaller engines to play with).

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Well, I'm just off to encamp for the week tonight, so I'll 'see' you all next week.

Looks like a rainy start to the show but it does dry out very quickly so I'm sure we'll be zooming about stirring up the dust as usual.

This year daughter has a new toy so I'm hoping to post some video of our 'high speed' runs around the playpen next week.

Be good girls and boys while I'm gone.....

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.