another new convert

peteandrew

Hi guys just took delivery of a p13 last week and spent the weekend getting used to it. Planning my first angling trip this weekend. I stay in Dunblane, Central Scotland and am keen to join any members on trips both sea and loch in Scotland. Especially those who mentioned tope and skate.

Pete Andrew - if you have only just got your kayak and are ging fishing from it may I suggest that you give the big fish a miss until next year at least.

You need to become fully conversant with the techniques of paddling and how the kayak behaves before trying to put her to the limits of stability - a thrashing 30lb tope is enough to tip you up if you don't know how to lift it while keeping your kayak balanced.

Pike fine - spurdogs etc and thornbacks - but skate and tope are for experienced kayakers. Once you have become familiar with the kayaks behaviour and handling - then join us on one of the big fish trips.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Pete,

Or is it Andrew, or siamese twins Pete n' Drew ;)

Welcome abaord :thumbs: Its nice to see some more faces from this side of the Border.

Have you done much fishing before or is that whats new to you? I see

you've got paddling experience :)

Where are you planning on going this weekend and what do you plan to target? I can't come out to play myself as its my son's birthday and I'm on duty, but if you need any help or advice on marks or methods etc.......

Hi Spanner,

I've been fishing for nearly 20 years now a mixture of sea and loch, from the Mull of Galloway up to North Uist sea fishing and most major west coast lochs for pike. The last few years of busy lochs and shore spots has led to looking for new methods. Likewise we could probably share some good locations or info.

I might pop up to either Loch Tay, Awe, Ard or Etive this weekend, weather dependant, but only for a few hours to get some practice in. Let me know when your heading out again and hopefully we can meet up. I will also be heading out next weekend either sea or Loch.

oh and its Pete

It would also be great for any tips/hints or things to do/aviod you may have encountered regarding Scottish waters

Hi Pete,

i,m going to crinnan on 2nd sept with the boat and another kayaker. Would be glad to see you there.

I'm with simon on the fact do you really want to be going for skate. I personally think its impossible ...but would love to see it happen. I'll be fishing but there for safety if you fancy it.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Well then, get your hooks sharpened Paul. It looks like we could have back up.

Welcome Pete, I am sure we will meet up somewhere, I take it you will be fishing the sea lochs throughout the winter as well. :cold:

Dave,

I had a quick look at the chart and the Coryvrecken looks like it is in hitting distance from Crinan, I fancy a paddle through there on the flood. Do you fancy acting as support boat. :bigemo_harabe_net-183:

Neil.

LOL.... I'll give the Coryvrecken a wide berth, 'cept maybe on a neap at slack water.

As for the hooks I'm cultivating the Davy Holt look and going for rusty old hooks ;)

Glad to hear you'll be coming along Dave :thumbs: Along with taking pictures will you be gaffing and measuring for us if we get lucky? Do you have tags etc?

More importantly, do you do Bacon Butties? :D