A lovely sight

Mark Quinney

Just thought I would share a little experience with you all. Went to Warwick Castle on Tuesday, as I crossed the bridge to watch some Jousting what a sight... a massive shoal of chub sat in the middle of the river, mixed in with a big bunch of roach, as I wandered towards the lily pads saw an eel at least three foot long as well as some smaller ones, a big shoal of bream then sauntered past. On the way back over the bridge two more superb sights, a tiny pike no more that eight inches long with a small fish hanging out of its jaws, then out of the corner of my eye a big black shape.... a huge mirror nudging its way through the pads and then out into open water, it was easily over 30..... It was a pleasure to see so many species in one part of a river, topped off by the big lonesome Carp. :)

I meant to post about WArwick Castle the other week. I went during that crazy heatwave and was going through the castle when I looked out of the window to the river just below the weir. I notice a large carp and then suddenly about 8 of them, all big came rooting around the lilly pads. The river was so clear you could see them really well and see them swirling up the mud. Was with my girlfriend, who happends to have a fear of bridges, so couldn't really watch from the bridge but that would be an amazing place to fish. It's so peaceful, even with the crowds and a really beautiful area. Wonder if they would let anyone fish there.

Hiya,

Yup thats one great stretch of river, if you go again walk down to the boat house, be quiet and you will see the loads of big chub hanging around or in the boat house.

S

I meant to post about WArwick Castle the other week. I went during that crazy heatwave and was going through the castle when I looked out of the window to the river just below the weir. I notice a large carp and then suddenly about 8 of them, all big came rooting around the lilly pads. The river was so clear you could see them really well and see them swirling up the mud. Was with my girlfriend, who happends to have a fear of bridges, so couldn't really watch from the bridge but that would be an amazing place to fish. It's so peaceful, even with the crowds and a really beautiful area. Wonder if they would let anyone fish there.

Hiya,

Yup thats one great stretch of river, if you go again walk down to the boat house, be quiet and you will see the loads of big chub hanging around or in the boat house.

S