How's the River Roding fishing nowadays?

biw

Anyone have any idea what the fishing is like in the Roding?

I haven't been down there for ages.

I would like to know about the stretch from debden to buckhurst hill if anyone has any info. Thanks.

Just like kempo I live in Loughton about half a mile from the Roding under the M11.

I do see the odd anagler fishing upstream of the road bridge up to where it goes under the M11 again but I haven't seen anyone fishing the river downstream towards Buckhurst Hill for ages, I'd like to know how it's fishing too!

Lets hope kempo has some info on it.....

Just like kempo I live in Loughton about half a mile from the Roding under the M11.

I do see the odd anagler fishing upstream of the road bridge up to where it goes under the M11 again but I haven't seen anyone fishing the river downstream towards Buckhurst Hill for ages, I'd like to know how it's fishing too!

Lets hope kempo has some info on it.....

Don't suppose either of you guys, or Kempo ;) has any info on the BDAC sections of the Roding? Not been and explored yet!

Mat

Mat

Don't suppose either of you guys, or Kempo ;) has any info on the BDAC sections of the Roding? Not been and explored yet!

Mat

Sorry Mat is that the Billericy angling club? I think they own upstream of Abridge up to Passingford bridge but not sure who owns above the road bridge now, to be honest I never see anyone fish it!

Sorry Mat is that the Billericy angling club? I think they own upstream of Abridge up to Passingford bridge but not sure who owns above the road bridge now, to be honest I never see anyone fish it!

Yes its Billericay angling club, joined them this year, not had time to look at the river sections yet!

Guess I'll have to do my own legwork then :D !

Mat

Mat

Yes its Billericay angling club, joined them this year, not had time to look at the river sections yet!

Guess I'll have to do my own legwork then :D !

Mat

I have fished the section above Passingford bridge to Shonksmill lane towards Ongar and had quite a few Chub up to 3lb but nothing bigger, the fish seem to be far and few between, you will cach but when you have thats it and have to move on!

You could try ringing Keswalls tackle shop at Woodford bridge 02085041929, at least they will be able to let you know how it's fishing.