Stiff handle on shimano tld15

keith 405

May just be a build up of salt inside the shaft of the handle. I take the handle off and pop it in a pan of fresh water with a drop of fairy liquid and boil it when it happens on my reels. Give it a good simmer, turn the handle bit round a few times to work the water in and loosen the salt. Take it out of the pan and then whilst it it still hot put some oil on it. As it cools the oil gets sucked in, again work the handle round to get the oil in there.

Edited by chris parker

May just be a build up of salt inside the shaft of the handle. I take the handle off and pop it in a pan of fresh water with a drop of fairy liquid and boil it when it happens on my reels. Give it a good simmer, turn the handle bit round a few times to work the water in and loosen the salt. Take it out of the pan and then whilst it it still hot put some oil on it. As it cools the oil gets sucked in, again work the handle round to get the oil in there.

:clap2: It's probably the big bearing under the handle, inside the reel. These are absolutely c**p, I have to change mine every other year, despite servicing my reels at the end of the season. It's the same for the 20 and 25. If you put them away and don't use them for a couple of months they sieze up, despite being "stainless". :clap2:

Thanks for replys Norm where do you get the big bearing from?

:clap2: Felindra Servicing, I think they have a website, if not come back and I'll find their address. They do spares by return of post with a credit card. If you live near Portsmouth Alan's Marine hold a stock of them as they go so often. :clap2: