Advice please.

adamf

The term winklepicker is a description used for a short feeder/quiver tip rod,they are normally 8 to 9 foot long with and casting weight of up to 30 gms.

The line strength relates often to the diameter of line the rod line guides will handle for casting,ie 1lb-3lb say a diameter of .04mm to .08mm,if you were to use 6lb line that was within these parameters the performance of the rod should not be affected.

I must say though that the rod is not made for commercial carp fishing where you may be pulling out 4lb to 8lb carp all day,but if you us heavier line because of snags you can always adjust your clutch on the reel accordingly.

I hope this information helps i am sure someone more qualified will correct any inaccuracies.

Personally i would buy a feeder rod with the option of tip from 1oz to 3 or 4ozs to give you more fishing options.

Good luck.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Personally i would buy a feeder rod with the option of tip from 1oz to 3 or 4ozs to give you more fishing options.

Good luck.

I agree. Unless you are just buying because its small and easy to carry I'd go for a feeder rod. There are some good value one to be had around the same price and they give you a much better chance if you hook into a big'un.

Ask at your local shop. I always ask whether they have any second hand stuff that people have traded in for newer models. This way you can get maybe last years model at a cut price. I know of a few tackle shops round me that have are now doing this.

Tight lines.