Fishing round Totnes?

andy_moule

I'm going down to the Totnes area next month, and want to do a spot of sea fishing. I've fished at Slapton before and had a fair bit of success with whiting and the odd bass, but plagued by Dogfish! Can anyone give me any info on other marks in the area? I've only got Carp rods (part time sea angler!), so anywhere I need more than 4oz to hold bottom, or cast 150yds would be a bit tricky, but hoping someone has some ideas on locations and tactics.

Cheers,

Andy.

andy_moule:

I'm going down to the Totnes area next month, .

Hi Andy,

Brixham is just down the road from Totnes and is a great place for all sorts of sea fishing, the local tackle shop has a website, http://www.brixhambaitandtackle.co.uk .

You are spoilt for choice down there, Start Bay produces Plaice, the river Dart for Mullet, Berry Head for Wrasse and Conger, Brixham Breakwater the list is endless. There is a fishing club I Dartmouth, try and find them is the yellow pages for advice/info.

Hope you have a good trip.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Norrie:

Hi Alan , the link you sent is not coming up, I keep getting a not known message.

Cheers

Norrie :D

I am not surprised, I got it from Sea Angler magazine:-) serious! We can't blame EVERYTHING on SA but it was in the January edition in black and white but then again 230lb was on the front page of the December issue:-)

There is also a phone number, 01803 853390 and an email: graham.dryer@btinternet.com

Did you decide when you are going fishing with DH yet? If I am still invited it will have to be before the Summer for me (I/we/they think)

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/