A SEASONS WORTH OF SARDINES AND MACKEREL

s_mac

Guest Brumagem Phil

This website is RAMMED with QUALITY information (if you/or I can be bothered to look for it).........the people wrote these articles precisely so you could learn from THEIR mistakes and go and enjoy your fishing having the right knowledge to hand.

Peter, you are right, you wouldnt think of sitting astride a pike and chinning its mouth open BUT the info is all here and was painstakingly put down so newcomers could learn and then fish with confidence. Same with the removal of a lure from the outside of the gillcovers rather than through the mouth............its all here! Nobody showed me how to do it, I just did some diligent reading first (and I have to say I'm most grateful to those who took the time to write those articles)

Sure, being shown is great if someone has the time to spare but really its not ESSENTIAL.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

This website is RAMMED with QUALITY information (if you can be bothered to look for it).........the people wrote these articles precisely so you could learn from THEIR mistakes and go and enjoy your fishing having the right knowledge to hand.

Peter, you are right, you wouldnt think of sitting astride a pike and chinning its mouth open BUT the info is all here and was painstakingly put down so newcomers could learn and then fish with confidence. Same with the removal of a lure from the outside of the gillcovers rather than through the mouth............its all here! Nobody showed me how to do it, I just did some diligent reading first.

Sure, being shown is great if someone has the time to spare but really its not ESSENTIAL.

Phil, i have found someone to show me, not to far away from me. i have a car, and can buy a book to show me what to do. but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, best left to them who knows and have been trained or have the experience.

we can all put a plug on a kettle, but could we all put a new socket on the wall for that plug to fit from the kettle.

a book can tell me what tools i need for a job, which i have just about got what i need, but it cant tell me the practical stuff.. where the hook might be. how to really get it out safely, for the fish and myself.

if 10 people say go with someone who knows, and one says dont bother, i know the advice i will go by.

regards

smac

woman want me, fish fear me

Guest Brumagem Phil
if 10 people say go with someone who knows, and one says dont bother, i know the advice i will go by.

regards

smac

With respect I didnt say that did I? I said if someone close is willing to show you then fine, but I said it wasnt ESSENTIAL.

Good luck with it anyway

Phil (who also extended his ringmain from written info) :)

I would like to draw and end to this post as i have been given some good advice and have sorted out some one local to me to help out.

many thanks to all who have posted.

smac

woman want me, fish fear me