Guernsey SFC Release 2005 Stats

FishingGuernsey

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Puffin,

sorry, but this makes little sense to me:

You believe the SFC figures are wrong; fair enough. I have to take you word on what effect Alderney accomadation has on those figures and the ability of individual visiting anglers. All the same to me, but how will the SFC view that kind of "evidence" ?

They have the figures for the increases in commercial catch, hence your freedom to quote them and make a few points. They lack accurate figures for RSA hence your freedom to just ignore that.

In what way does the fact that the commercials take "X" absolve RSA of providing data, or remove them from the responsibility of doing so for stock management?

For us non islanders, where are SFC officers "on record" as saying:

Puffin,

The figures for guest house and b&b beds is available from States of Alderney tourism department 01481 822811 ask for tourism & marketing.

Yes, they have figures for commercial landings and not for RSA. As I have written several times , it is the lack of figures that makes these restrictions unjustifiable. Angling Charter skippers do not wish to be "absolved" from providing data. Those I've spoken to have all been in favour of providing those figures via a logbook scheme.

The quote from Sea Fisheries ends at the comma before your quote. I apologise for my less than perfect punctuation, I should have used a semi-colon.

Andrew - cheers for the Jersey info. Do you know if the Anna II and Theseus are going to sell their licenses then? Is Theseus going to fish Boue Blondel again this winter?

Hello Toerag,

now there's a good question :huh: of course I can't speak for either TH or DN in any way whatsoever, but my gut reaction tells me that they are likely going to keep enjoying the best of both worlds...

quite whether their revenue generating "crew" are appropriately trained and qualified to fish on a registered commercial fishing vessel is another question altogether :blink:

myself I have a humble JY number, with a strict policy on retain/release

what a mess we collectively find ourselves in

Andrew