Chew Valley

Roland Rahal

Guest franticfisherman2

Never fished there but general advice on boat fishing - Make sure the boat has an anchor with chain and good rope. If you decide to go regular, buy your own. Take a drogue to slow down your drift. Take something soft to sit on, better still, a boat seat that fits across the gunnels. If there is an engine, make sure the fishery supplies spares (eg split pin for the prop if applicable) if not, make sure they supply a flare in case you need help. Have fun and wear your lifejacket - it will be a requirement of the fishery. hope you catch loads but there is a lot to learn in handling a boat to your best advantage! :) Don't be disheartened if it all seems a bit difficult at first - you will get the hang of it and never look back (except to have a laff on the daft things you did to start off with :lol:

Try and keep noise to a minimum in the boat and if the dry flies do not work try an orange dog nobbler. FF2 swears by them :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::drunk:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thanks Fellas

Advice gratefully received, I have read up on the subject and my boat partner has several trips under his belt, so we should be pretty safe on that score.

What I was really after was advice on lines and flies/teams to use.

Edited by Roland Rahal

Roland

WVDAA