Difficult question I know but,,,,,,,,,,

GowerRay

Can anyone give me a good estimate of how many private sea angling boats are in use in the UK? A reasonable guestimate will suffice. Difficult information to get hold of. Many thanks, Ray

Can anyone give me a good estimate of how many private sea angling boats are in use in the UK? A reasonable guestimate will suffice. Difficult information to get hold of. Many thanks, Ray

:clap2: A good place to start would be a marine insurance broker, I should imagine that most anglers would insure their boats. :clap2:

Interesting question, there is a couple of dozen in my marina alone, strange, you would expect the owners to get together occasionally?? No way, they are so unapproachable, no one speak to any one else, no one helps, they all seem to live in their own 'micro world'. It was proposed to set up a club, only a handful of takers. Thats one of 5 Marinas on the river, + hundreds of wet moorings, many occupied by angling boats, or boats that are used extensively for angling.

Around the corner, in Titchmarsh marina, the situation is completely the opposite??? Miserable lot of soansos' in Suffolk, Ho hum.

:ph34r:

Your best starting point would probably be here:

http://www.britishmarine.co.uk/default.asp?id=146

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

From the British Marine Federation.

The consensus is that approximately 451,000 boats (over 2.5 m) are kept in the UK and 90,000 UK-owned boats are kept abroad. Doesn't list their names and addresses though :)

Cheers for the link. I'll email them for more info.

Ray