"Required education" or "Action From the Federation"

Was fishing at loch etive at the weekend on one of my fav marks from friday til saturday night. on Saturday morning the North Berwick SAC turned up to fish a match along the shore line. neither myself or my mates had any problems with that as they seemed like a good bunch of guys. Their match was fished on a "weigh and release" basis with one set of scales.

Most of their anglers fished fairly close to each other central to the scales. However two of their anglers fished around 5-600 yards away. These are the anglers in question. THese two guys, well one in particular would wait till he caught two fish, then bring them up the beach to the scales. Normally carrying two spurs or a spur and a dog the 600 yards to the scales. Now I have no issue with anglers taking their catch home for the pot. but after these fish were carried by the tail (which stretches the cartilage of shark species and renders them unable to swim leaving them to drown)generally bleeding heavily, these fish were launched and I really mean launched 30 yards into the loch.

In the unlikely case that the fish survived this "walk of shame" there is no chance that they would survive the throw or the impact of the water. therefore losts of dead spurs.

It is also the case that there were a few juniors involved in this match, who seeing this behaviour would think that it is correct and accpetable.

On asking the guys if there wasn't some better way of scoring the match we were effeectively told to P-off and MYOB.

Now anyone who fished Etive at the weekend, will know that there weren't many fish about, given that and that the Apollo is working from oban just now, you can draw your own conclusions. But in the current climate we cannot be seen to be treating fish like this. THe Antii's dont need us to load their guns for them.

So i would propose that action is required from the federation to halt these shambolic practices.

What's your thoughts on this?

We're gonna need a bigger boat!