Losing faith in Ocean Kayak

RayJ

Hi,

I dont know if you remember me posting a thread about my Prowler Elite 4.5 listing.

Well, I have had my replacement now for about 2 months but with work and other things I havent been able to take it out.I got that chance tonight..........same again.This one is listing exactly the same as the other one.Im not sure if the dealer has tried to pull the wool over my eyes by giving me back the one i returned thinking it was all in my head.

As any of you come across something like this......Im pretty damn sure its not me as I have to shift my body right over to the left to stay level.

The only problem with living in Jersey is we dont get to test them first..so now if this one goes back I will be without one for god knows how long.

I also asked the local dealer to make sure that it was tested before they sent it to Jersey..........really getting quite fed up with OK :wallbash:

Any advice?

Cheers

Hi,

I dont know if you remember me posting a thread about my Prowler Elite 4.5 listing.

Well, I have had my replacement now for about 2 months but with work and other things I havent been able to take it out.I got that chance tonight..........same again.This one is listing exactly the same as the other one.Im not sure if the dealer has tried to pull the wool over my eyes by giving me back the one i returned thinking it was all in my head.

As any of you come across something like this......Im pretty damn sure its not me as I have to shift my body right over to the left to stay level.

The only problem with living in Jersey is we dont get to test them first..so now if this one goes back I will be without one for god knows how long.

I also asked the local dealer to make sure that it was tested before they sent it to Jersey..........really getting quite fed up with OK :wallbash:

Any advice?

Cheers

Ballast ?

No, seriously...you must be well miffed :(

I would expect if there is a problem it will be sorted PDQ.

This is their flagship is it not ?

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

If this forum is anythink it has a direct link to NZ. So as long as the supplier bought it through the UK you should see a new Kayak arriving on Condor soon.

Complain big style mate. Was in Iron Stores on Sat and noticed the major discounts on the NOC kayaks.

Bad show...

I'm going in tomorrow to complain as its the 2nd one now.....I will be getting my bro to test it first, just to make sure, but i'm pretty confident Im not at fault.

As for getting a new one soon...i doubt it.....my bro been waiting almost 8 weeks and theres still no sign of it.

Its a pity the iron Stores dont let you take it to the marina to test it........

I'm going in tomorrow to complain as its the 2nd one now.....I will be getting my bro to test it first, just to make sure, but i'm pretty confident Im not at fault.

As for getting a new one soon...i doubt it.....my bro been waiting almost 8 weeks and theres still no sign of it.

Its a pity the iron Stores dont let you take it to the marina to test it........

shout loud and long. Wonder if they buy them through Johnson outdoors?

shout loud and long. Wonder if they buy them through Johnson outdoors?

As far as I know they do....i asked them about the ff set up for the elite and they said they would contact Johnson Outdoors.

RayJ,

Have you had a look at the hull from bow to stern, may be worth popping it onto a couple of camping chairs or tresil tables and have a look to see if it's warped, if your having that much trouble with it on the water then this should be obvious.

Remember you have a very long warranty on the Elite, I would make your complaint to your supplier and tell them you wish to keep hold of your kayak until they get their next order through, therefore keeping you on the water, not ideal, but on the water. If you do not get a satisfactory response from your supplier, go straight to Johnson Outdoors and speak to them there, I'm sure that everything will be sorted quickly and professionally.

Sm :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

RayJ,

Have you had a look at the hull from bow to stern, may be worth popping it onto a couple of camping chairs or tresil tables and have a look to see if it's warped, if your having that much trouble with it on the water then this should be obvious.

Remember you have a very long warranty on the Elite, I would make your complaint to your supplier and tell them you wish to keep hold of your kayak until they get their next order through, therefore keeping you on the water, not ideal, but on the water. If you do not get a satisfactory response from your supplier, go straight to Johnson Outdoors and speak to them there, I'm sure that everything will be sorted quickly and professionally.

Sm :)

Thanks for the advice SM.....I will see what they have to say.As for keeping it to go out on...I would rather not, the stability of it is too bad, slightly lean to the right and there is a big chance it will go.

Regards

Just a thought......

I wonder if the seat is out of square it would certainly make it lean to one side

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?