Full Circle.

MJB

Round and round the forum goes trying to bite it's own arse. It's seems now that you cannot mention releasing fish without getting bitched at. It's all just getting a little tedious with the same old faces making provocative statements and the same old groupies going "Hell, yeah!".

Guest challenge
Round and round the forum goes trying to bite it's own arse. It's seems now that you cannot mention releasing fish without getting bitched at. It's all just getting a little tedious with the same old faces making provocative statements and the same old groupies going "Hell, yeah!".

I wonder why commercial fishermen (when they have to) always win hands down?

You don’t have to be a powerful lobbyist to put across a case when standing up to an organisation that is split down the middle on almost every subject that is brought up on here.

RSA that have there would be leadership of the same organisation with such one sided views on RSA and how it should be practiced.

I personally believe commercial fishermen (what there is left) are not your problem.

The problem arrives from RSA different attitudes to there hobby.

Again I will say this is only my opinion and I hope that in time we can all learn to work together.

Regards.

I wonder why commercial fishermen (when they have to) always win hands down?

You don’t have to be a powerful lobbyist to put across a case when standing up to an organisation that is split down the middle on almost every subject that is brought up on here.

RSA that have there would be leadership of the same organisation with such one sided views on RSA and how it should be practiced.

I personally believe commercial fishermen (what there is left) are not your problem.

The problem arrives from RSA different attitudes to there hobby.

Again I will say this is only my opinion and I hope that in time we can all learn to work together.

Regards.

I'm not really sure that's the case - The Scottish Creelers and Divers Asscociation was established with the aim of quote " .... extending our membership nationally, we seek to defend the rights of all traditional Creelers and Divers against those trawler and dredger operators, who seek to exploit grounds occupied by creel fleets and cause damage to static gear and the sea-bed." end quote. In meetings I've seen more than one association attack another for 'trespassing' and so on.

Personally I feel the big difference between the commercial and recreational fishing sectors is that whilst the commercial companies reap their financial rewards, there is no RSA Plc benefitting from the revenues generated by anglers but all the supporting services from charter boats to pubs most certainly do.

So when it comes to lobbying, the commercial organisations can set aside 'war chests', but RSA has to rely on the efforts of volunteers.

There are indeed many different approaches to RSA, from sport to freezer-fill but we all share one thing in common - we fish for recreation, but we also share another thing in common - there'll be no recreation if there's no fish.

Perhaps if some of the extremists and/or wind-up merchants on this forum focussed their efforts and energies into constructive actions instead of personal attacks, then perhaps your hope "that in time we can all learn to work together" would be more likely to become a reality.

Guest challenge
I'm not really sure that's the case - The Scottish Creelers and Divers Asscociation was established with the aim of quote " .... extending our membership nationally, we seek to defend the rights of all traditional Creelers and Divers against those trawler and dredger operators, who seek to exploit grounds occupied by creel fleets and cause damage to static gear and the sea-bed." end quote. In meetings I've seen more than one association attack another for 'trespassing' and so on.

Personally I feel the big difference between the commercial and recreational fishing sectors is that whilst the commercial companies reap their financial rewards, there is no RSA Plc benefitting from the revenues generated by anglers but all the supporting services from charter boats to pubs most certainly do.

So when it comes to lobbying, the commercial organisations can set aside 'war chests', but RSA has to rely on the efforts of volunteers.

There are indeed many different approaches to RSA, from sport to freezer-fill but we all share one thing in common - we fish for recreation, but we also share another thing in common - there'll be no recreation if there's no fish.

Perhaps if some of the extremists and/or wind-up merchants on this forum focussed their efforts and energies into constructive actions instead of personal attacks, then perhaps your hope "that in time we can all learn to work together" would be more likely to become a reality.

Maybe the truth is that the commercial communities believe in what they are fighting for.

Know what they are fighting for and (in most cases) stand together when fighting, and there leaders have not got hidden agendas or conflicts of interest.

Accusing people of being wind up merchants every time they disagree with someone is hardly a good foundation for unity and strength is it?