loking for kayak

jer

i'm thinking of buying a sit on top kayak .how stable are they and any recommendations on style and make.i bass fish and may travel some distance.

i'm thinking of buying a sit on top kayak .how stable are they and any recommendations on style and make.i bass fish and may travel some distance.

by bass do you mean cod? :headhurt:

There are lots of choices and lots of opinions

the prowler 13 is most popular

perhaps a prowler 15 if going long distances?

someone will advise you much better than me!!!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

by bass do you mean cod? :headhurt:

There are lots of choices and lots of opinions

the prowler 13 is most popular

perhaps a prowler 15 if going long distances?

someone will advise you much better than me!!!

this time of year maybe a late bass.but up for the cod. i like the look of the prowlers.i weigh 90kgs,are they a dryish ride

Hi Jer

Welcome to the site. To assist you better can you answer us a few questions?

Which method do you plan on using for the bass? (eg fly, spin etc)

Bass aside do you think there is a chance you will target other fish once you get your kayak or are you a dedicated bass angler targetting nothing else?

Which area/s are you planning to fish?

What height are you and what type of build do you have?

Whats your budget for the kayak?

You mention a kayak for distance, do you forsee yourself touring as well as kayak fishing?

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

All sit on tops are stable especially in calm conditions - but if you want extreme stability where you can stand up on a kayak then look at the wider kayaks. There will be sacrifice in speed though and most probably an ability to make good progress in high winds and rough conditions (which can catch us out even on the best of days).

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Jer

Welcome to the site. To assist you better can you answer us a few questions?

Which method do you plan on using for the bass? (eg fly, spin etc)

Bass aside do you think there is a chance you will target other fish once you get your kayak or are you a dedicated bass angler targetting nothing else?

Which area/s are you planning to fish?

What height are you and what type of build do you have?

Whats your budget for the kayak?

You mention a kayak for distance, do you forsee yourself touring as well as kayak fishing?

i spin,i wil be targeting other speices when get more confident . south wales gower.5ft8 14 stone £500 ish .may travel afew miles. may bait fish. no prior experiance.thanks :)

Given your comments, Ocean Kayak Prowler 13. Good all rounder and easy to manage off water given your height. You may find that you don't need to travel great distances if you have some inshore bass marks in mind.

Given the popularity of the P13 you should have no problem selling it at a later date if you want to trade your kayak for something more suited for distance work (which will probably be at the expense of something less manageable off water and require longer storage space).

The P13 is still quite a new model but has had some revisions and any teething problems have been ironed out. For that reason I would not recommend its bigger brother the Prowler Elite at this stage as the model is too new and some members here are having problems with theirs.Whichever model you go for strongly advise seeing the one you plan to buy in the flesh first before paying any money out. Orders for one reason and another can be delayed and problems can arise with SOTs - such problems are not confined to one particular brand.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Given your comments, Ocean Kayak Prowler 13. Good all rounder and easy to manage off water given your height. You may find that you don't need to travel great distances if you have some inshore bass marks in mind.

Given the popularity of the P13 you should have no problem selling it at a later date if you want to trade your kayak for something more suited for distance work (which will probably be at the expense of something less manageable off water and require longer storage space).

The P13 is still quite a new model but has had some revisions and any teething problems have been ironed out. For that reason I would not recommend its bigger brother the Prowler Elite at this stage as the model is too new and some members here are having problems with theirs.

thanks for that going to look at them now