Weekend Prospects?

Steve Walker

I'm thinking of doing a beach session this weekend; I'm considering:

South Wales

Bristol Channel

Solent Area

Catch reports are slow for the Solent, and the tides aren't ideal. I don't know the other areas well enough to say whether the tides are good or bad. I quite fancy trying South Wales, see if there are any rays about.

What do you reckon? Anywhere else within a couple of hours drive of Swindon?

Hi Steve

Depends what you are looking to catch, bass are showing well on Cefyn Sidan and Rossili beaches, with this blow today and tomorrow they should fish well. Lug and rag are the baits doing best.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I'm not too bothered, to be honest. The mate I'll be fishing with hasn't been fishing for long, and I think could do with a few fish to keep the interest up. His casting range is about 80 yards. Ideally, somewhere he's got a good chance of picking up a few fish close in, size and species immaterial.

If I can pick up some better fish by sitting it out with a bigger bait or getting some more distance, that would be grand, but it isn't essential.

Near Bury port there is a mark called Black head, the beach is made up of small rock but the ground in front is clear sand. Beach is steeply shelving and only comes into play on retrieve at high water. Forty to eighty yards is ample to catch bass, whiting, flounders and dabs. The small tides are perfect for this mark. Baits lug, rag and squid/fish tips.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist