New Species?

Leon Roskilly

Seen anything interesting when fishing?

Someone wants to know. See:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/news/articles/89.html

An article in this week's New Scientist states 'Global warming is bringing new arrivals to British Shores. Since 1980, 18 new fish species have been caught off the Cornwall coast, as species from farther south move in as the water warms up. "There is such a clear signal, quite mind-boggling to see," says Tony Stebbing of Plymouth Marine Laboratory.

Tight Lines - leon

Sea Anglers' Conservation Network (SACN)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/sacn/

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• 2 weeks later...

talking of different kinds of odball fish turning up of our coast.about thirty years ago when fishing from the west side of the landing stage i saw a small thresher shark captured.belive it or not it had swallowed a string of mackerel feathers complete with three mackerel.i cant remember the exact weight but seem to remember it being reported by angling times at around 18lbs.This fish was not a tope/spurdog/smoothound.

New species? Not realy. But on last weeks Dartmouth trip we managed 4 Bass on `Ragworm`!!

The biggest was caught from the `Adamant` wreck off Portland whilst trying for `Pout` no less! This after catching a `Gar` on a small shad.

:rolleyes: Paul :rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!