A joke for the girls

Colin Brett

Two builders are tasked with measuring the height of the flagpole in the front yard of an office building. They take a tape along & stand at the bottom of the pole looking up.

The first says I'll hold the end of the tape in my mouth & climb up & when I get to the top you can determine how high it is. He tries to shimmy up the pole, but slips & falls to the ground after scaling only three feet. The second tries, but he is no more successful.

As they are figuring out what they'll do next, a woman comes along & asks what their problem is. They explain that they have to measure the height of the flagpole.

"That's easy!" she says & pulls the pole out of the ground, lays it down, takes the tape & measures it. "Twenty-seven feet, four inches", she says as she returns the pole to the upright position.

One builder turns to the other & says, "Typical woman! We ask for the height & she gives us the length!"

Colin

A good one but I remember it from many years ago as an Irish joke. Obviously very non PC now of course. Mind you rather sexist in its present guise ;)

Peggy

Edited by Peggy Burke

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

A good one but I remember it from many years ago as an Irish joke. Obviously very non PC now of course. Mind you rather sexist in its present guise ;)

Peggy

Yeah but equally male and female chauvanistic!

funny too!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com