Eagle cuda

lazy hooker

Before going the whole shibang and getting an all singing and dancing fishfinder and gps i thought i would spend 6 months with a more basic unit that i can get to grips with, understand what i like and don't like so i can make a more informed decision on the next purchase.

looking on ebay the eagle cuda 168 which looks as if it has a mount which will fit on a yak easily and you can take it off no problem. Does anyone have any opinions on a BUDGET fishfinder

cheers

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

It all depends want you want it for, if it is just for depth fishing weight and some string will do, to find out what the bottoms like, then you need a fishfinder ( I hate that word as it is a feature finder) me personally I would not spend a lot of money on one just to have it ripped off in the surf, OK you can take it off during launching and returning.

Having a GPS is good if your going out a long way from the shore and for finding the marks i.e deep water taken from a chart before going out and a good reference if you have a very good day on one spot.

I bought the Garmin 80 a good while back and it does the job and I also have a garmin handheld GPS which has Mapsource software so I can see in relationship to the land as to where I am and can put in my own data base of marks, bouys and sand banks ect.

So it is up to you what you buy and I'm sure the rest of the members will put you right.

Ps I do like Garmin gear as the after sales service is second to none, but could be as there headquarters is right on my door step :)

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

There is a seller on ebay that sells the Eagle Cuda 240 which includes a plotter gps for £120 (imported from USA). I have only used it once but both Gps and sonar work fine. At this price it seems a good alternative to seperate units or more expensive models. It is good for the price, but I could not yet comment on its long term use. <_<

OC PROWLER 13 ANGLER

A bad day's fishing is a good day's Yakking!