Red Fish in Florida

Dick Dastardly

Hi Budgie

Short term memory's not what it used to be! Just come back from a trip to the 'States where we fished for......well, Redfish amongst other things. There's some pictures, 3rd post in on this thread. Especially from a coarse angling perspective is fascinating to see the type of conditions we were fishing in. There're a great challenge, your friend will certainly enjoy fishing for them.

Dave

Edited by PanamaJack

Andy - Jan & I will be in Orlando in January (2nd week) visiting a son & his family and seeing the sights.

How is the fishing that time of year? We did allow some extra time just in case. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Think it should be pretty good as it will have cooled down, for here.

Only just starting to investigate what is available close by and the options are pretty impressive either on the local St John's river, heading out towards Titusville or one of the thousands of lakes but guess you know that.

Hopefully will have some solid options by January.

Hope you have time to meet up and say Hi :)

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Andy - we will absolutely make time. My son does not fish (otherwise a great guy but .....) nor does his wife or daughter.

I don't know a thing about that area. Also wondering if it will be worth bringing my boat. Burns a little extra gas but if I can get a couple days decent fishing, it will be well worth it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, check out Turkey Lake, not far from the Bass Pro shop. Wish i had known about

it when we were there...

Due to deed restrictions, there is no public boat access on Turkey Lake, but the FWC, the City of Orlando and Bass Pro Shops have teamed together to provide a Boat Loaner Program where four Bass Tracker Boats can be rented for only $15 a morning (7 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Thurs - Sun). Call the City of Orlando’s Bill Frederick Park at 407-299-5581 to reserve a boat.

046548.jpg

046549.jpg

B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Ahhh. Thanks. Likely lookng lake and a nice bass he is holding.