Flash files.

Cranfield

I want to open flash files and have downloaded a Flash Player from here, http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash .

It doesn't show as a desktop icon, or on my Program list and I still can't view Flash files.

I'm using Firefox as my browser, but it doesn't even open them in Internet Explorer.

What am I doing wrong ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I want to open flash files and have downloaded a Flash Player from here, http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash .

It doesn't show as a desktop icon, or on my Program list and I still can't view Flash files.

I'm using Firefox as my browser, but it doesn't even open them in Internet Explorer.

What am I doing wrong ?

By flash files, do you mean the swf files?

I can open them directly in IE or Firefox no probs. The flash player is a plug-in for your browser - it doesn't have a desktop icon etc.

So 3 options:

1) In your browser, File - Open, and select the swf.

or

2) Right-click the swf file in Windows Explorer or My Computer, select Open With... and select your browser.

or

3) Associate the .swf extension with which ever browser you want to use in Windows Explorer Tools - Folder options - File Types.

Hope that helps.