nice day fishing

musicmick1973

Oh well had a nice days fishing for carp, used the method feeder for the first time, had loads of bites, but only one fish.

the fish almost took the rods and the pod in, the problem was the reel was making a horrible grinding sound while playing the fish in. Thought it might give up but it hang on in there, the fish went 17lb 5oz mirror.

the reel is a daiwa regal-Z4550brt, sounds ok when not under pressure, but as I say makes a terrible grinding sound when under pressure, also when you take anti reverse off and back wind. the spool does not move in and out, just stays static. took side off and had a look, could not see anything that looked out of place, although there seemed to be quite a bit of play. in main drive cog, could be a bearing problem, but not sure.

Oh well had a nice days fishing for carp, used the method feeder for the first time, had loads of bites, but only one fish.

the fish almost took the rods and the pod in, the problem was the reel was making a horrible grinding sound while playing the fish in. Thought it might give up but it hang on in there, the fish went 17lb 5oz mirror.

the reel is a daiwa regal-Z4550brt, sounds ok when not under pressure, but as I say makes a terrible grinding sound when under pressure, also when you take anti reverse off and back wind. the spool does not move in and out, just stays static. took side off and had a look, could not see anything that looked out of place, although there seemed to be quite a bit of play. in main drive cog, could be a bearing problem, but not sure.

I would strogly advise getting it mended or replaced before fishing again. You normally find the internal cogs go first before bearings as they are usually made of cheap, inferior metal. Under more pressure, i.e big fish the reel may well lock up, or lay line so badly that it jams up on you.

Rob.

It sounds like the oscillating mechanism has packed it.

Pretty terminal unless you get it back Diawa for repair.

Don't think your far out took most of it apart again today, found a small pin on body had sheered in half, so think unless theres a way to repair this pin, the only other thing would be a new body for it, by the way the slider gear is what sits on this pin, which would stop the spool going in and out, and cause the grinding the rest seems fine. shame I like this reel.

Daiwa seem to be quite poor to get hold off any one got any other ideas like where I might get the part, I even have the pt no.6e 85-7603

Mick

now have a new reel, also have the bit to hopefully repair old one, sentimental value as it was the reel

I landed my one and only 20lber on.

SO thanks for the guidence, had to go to Daiwa for part, didn't think they they would have it anymore, as they don't seem to sell the reel anymore.

mick

Edited by musicmick1973