cacth reports in holland

jerry weijers

Hi Moodyboy, I think that fish is an Asp. I'm sure Jerry can tell you more about them. If you look back at previous catch reports from Holland, you'll see that's quite a small one. They look an interesting fish.

You learn something everyday!!!

They don't seem to conform to classic predator shapes-big mouths(compared to weight)/teeth/spines,their more look like huge roach, oh to catch a roach that size.

Jerry- How would you target Asp- Zander/pike tactics?

Dan

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

Yes it's a ASP

This fish new in holland the first cacth were made 10 years ago but it's now widley spread in holland

You can fish with lures [ spinner/plug or rubberbaits like shad etc and spoons ] on light lines [ 6 lbs ] and light rod 15/20 gr casting weight

They grow to 1 meter but the biggest fish of this is 89 cm photo's on the next link

http://www.totalfishing.nl/roofblei,7,9094.html

gr jerry

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch

The fishing in Holland looks to be pretty good, especially if you like chucking lures about ( like I do!). Does anyone know if a license is required or can anyone just turn up and fish the rivers and canals??

Anyone know of any particulary good areas that would be suitable for a Brit looking to try their luck for an Asp or two?? Maybe theres some info on the net??

Many thanks.

Yes it's a ASP

This fish new in holland the first cacth were made 10 years ago but it's now widley spread in holland

You can fish with lures [ spinner/plug or rubberbaits like shad etc and spoons ] on light lines [ 6 lbs ] and light rod 15/20 gr casting weight

They grow to 1 meter but the biggest fish of this is 89 cm photo's on the next link

http://www.totalfishing.nl/roofblei,7,9094.html

gr jerry

Thanx Jerry

Dan

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

I went to Holland last year with work and it looks like coarse fishing heaven. We travelled right across the country by train to the German border and there is fishable looking water almost everywhere you look. What is even better is that you can get the trains direct from Amsterdam airport, so if you travelled light for lure fishing you could seriously consider doing it as a day trip! The train journey we took is about as far as you can go and it was only £22 return. Some of the best looking waters were only five or ten minutes out of Amsterdam. It's ironic that the only thing that has stopped me doing a trip is the hassle (and cost) of getting to my local airport!!