malibu 2 to prowler 13

jonsok1

i've had great fun this year with my malibu 2, the only problem is going long distance with one up is really knackering, after about 2 miles it starts to get hard work and the 2 miles back takes forever, furthest i've been there and back is about 6 miles (never again), i like to think i'm fairly fit, would upgrading to a prowler make a lot of difference, your veiws please, especially prowler owners

cheers

jon

i've had great fun this year with my malibu 2, the only problem is going long distance with one up is really knackering, after about 2 miles it starts to get hard work and the 2 miles back takes forever, furthest i've been there and back is about 6 miles (never again), i like to think i'm fairly fit, would upgrading to a prowler make a lot of difference, your veiws please, especially prowler owners

cheers

jon

Jon, I have a P13 and a Malibu 11 XL. There's no contest , with the same applied effort the p13 will leave the Malibu in it's wake. On the drift the malibu has more windage as well. The Malibu is a Nice stable boat but a pig to paddle any distance. If you want a Yak that's quick get a Scupper Pro. :yeah:

Neil.

Edited by Neil

Agree with Niel. If you like to carry lots of gear the P13 or Elite could be a good choice. If you arent too big and can live with less crate room but like to do distance and actually enjoy paddling then take a look at the Scupperpro. It also has a huge front hatch if you plan on some touring.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Agree with Niel. If you like to carry lots of gear the P13 or Elite could be a good choice. If you arent too big and can live with less crate room but like to do distance and actually enjoy paddling then take a look at the Scupperpro. It also has a huge front hatch if you plan on some touring.

thanks, all i want is something i can fish from and get out and back with ease, i do enjoy the paddling side but fishing is the important thing, us devon boys are having a meet on friday, most of them have prowlers so i will talk to them, thanks for your comments ,i'm off to get the prowler friday morning,

cheers

jon

Sounds like the P13 or Elite, also have a look at the Tarpon 140.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

If you want paddling ease and a lot more speed stick with the Prowlers, the Tarpon 140 sticks to the water, it's not slow, just psychologically slower.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

For touring (to get to the longer marks) and fishing what would you recomend?

would you need a long yak like the

tarpon 160 or the

p15

I have a drifter but would like something fast and easy to paddle for the longer marks

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

s2vto,

Try and get a paddle over the weekend, happy to let you try the Prowler 13, am sure that Darnsarf will let you play with is Scupper Pro, GB will have is Tarpon 140, if the wind is up and there is a good chop then what better conditions to really prove the abilities of the different models.

Please remind me when we meet.

Cheers

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Jon,

I have a Malibu II XL and Prowler 13, have yet to paddle an Elite, but until then I rate the Prowler 13 as the best all round kayak available at the moment, it has a large cockpit, large reachable tankwell, it's stable, well behaved going out through waves and handles large swell with ease. It's only negative side is when returning through surf, it has a habit of trying to broach on the smallest of waves, having said this the safest way of getting back to the beach is to ride in on the back of a wave.

Prowler 15 and Elite will both be faster, but the 15 has a smaller cockpit, the Elite... well it might just be better, I'll let you know.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Jon,

I have a Malibu II XL and Prowler 13, have yet to paddle an Elite, but until then I rate the Prowler 13 as the best all round kayak available at the moment, it has a large cockpit, large reachable tankwell, it's stable, well behaved going out through waves and handles large swell with ease. It's only negative side is when returning through surf, it has a habit of trying to broach on the smallest of waves, having said this the safest way of getting back to the beach is to ride in on the back of a wave.

Prowler 15 and Elite will both be faster, but the 15 has a smaller cockpit, the Elite... well it might just be better, I'll let you know.

thanks sm

i've got the prowler lined up for tomorrow, shame the weather's rubbish for the weekend i'd liked to have given it a few miles test,

cheers

jon