Guernsey Bass Fishing

FishingGuernsey

Barry,

There was one printed last Monday. You can read it at- http://www.thisisguernsey.com/discus/messa...html?1164034039

Many thanks puffin, i've read that one, do you like my prevoius posts? I have also managed to send two letters off the the GSFA regarding the consultation.

cheers barry

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Many thanks puffin, i've read that one, do you like my prevoius posts? I have also managed to send two letters off the the GSFA regarding the consultation.

cheers barry

Yes, I read your letters to the GEP and they are very good. I'm pleased to hear you've written to Sea Fisheries too. So have I. I hope we don't have too long to wait for their decision and that common sense prevails.

I think only a handful, it's been rough as anything recently. There could be up to 25 boats, mostly with 1 or 2 guys on board. It all depends on the price bass is fetching, and how their usual methods of fishing are going, some have been saying they won't bother if the price falls through the floor as usual. It'll be local boatys at the moment, with a couple of UK and Jersey boats later on probably. Basically, it's the Guernsey version of the Portland Race commercial rod'n'line fishery.

Just noticed this and i have to correct you sorry. The portland race is not a commercial rod and line fishery. Its an area of water that anyone can fish. There can many commercial's and also charters there but if you can stand drifting some times at four knots plus, it is good fun pulling the bass in. The ground is very rocky so if your wits are not about tackle losses can be high.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just noticed this and i have to correct you sorry. The portland race is not a commercial rod and line fishery. Its an area of water that anyone can fish. There can many commercial's and also charters there but if you can stand drifting some times at four knots plus, it is good fun pulling the bass in. The ground is very rocky so if your wits are not about tackle losses can be high.

I beg to differ, if it's a mark where people fish commercially then it's a commercial fishery! Boue Blondel is exactly the same, anyone can and does fish there, however like the Race it is a hard place to fish, so it's only really the commercials that put in a lot of effort. For instance the Weymouth COMMERCIAL bass boat 'Mojo' fishes the Race in the autumn, then comes over and does Boue Blondel in the spring. He then runs charters for the rest of the year, including CI trips, so if you don't agree with commercial rod & line bassing, then don't charter his boat.

PS. I read your letters in the GEP - they were quite good, although they could have been a lot better had your facts been accurate.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

I beg to differ, if it's a mark where people fish commercially then it's a commercial fishery! Boue Blondel is exactly the same, anyone can and does fish there, however like the Race it is a hard place to fish, so it's only really the commercials that put in a lot of effort. For instance the Weymouth COMMERCIAL bass boat 'Mojo' fishes the Race in the autumn, then comes over and does Boue Blondel in the spring. He then runs charters for the rest of the year, including CI trips, so if you don't agree with commercial rod & line bassing, then don't charter his boat.

PS. I read your letters in the GEP - they were quite good, although they could have been a lot better had your facts been accurate.

Which of the C.I. does "Mojo" run charters to? I can't say that I've ever seen that one in Alderney. Good point about boycotting known Boue Blondel plunderers, though I would have said "if you disagree with the targetting of bass during spawning aggregations, rather than disagree with commercial rod and line full stop. Rod and line is a sound method and less damaging than most other commercial methods. The same could be said about boycotting the Guernsey and Jersey "charter" boats that exploit Boue Blondel too.

Edited by Puffin

Pehaps you will be good enough to correct me then, next time i will also ask for your opinion before i post to make life easier. Please provide me with copies of your correspondence to the fishries and press relating to the same matter, then we will have a look and compare notes to find out who is nearer to the facts.No water around the uk is classed as commercial so i disagree with you. There are equally the same amount of commercial and charter boats and also private boats on the race. If you are a resonable boat angler the race is quite enjoyable, personally i find it really good fun and i don't lose a lot of gear, i wonder why? How can this mean it is a commercial area?

cheers barry

Edited by barry luxton

Puffin - Mojo is a new boat I believe, although the skipper has been commercially bassing in the Portland Race for some time apparently. He's only just started chartering from what I can tell, although I'm fairly certain that I saw him during the summer, can't remember if it was in SPP, or out at sea. He spent at least a month in SPP hammering BB this spring.

Barry - I'll write something up for you.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com