Recording asx stream in WMP

Jim Murray

Looking for a program to record an asx radio stream which plays in WMP.

The ones I've seen so far either cost or have limited(10 minutes) recording time. Really looking for a free product which will encode an MP3 ideally. Also timed recording will be required.

Jim.

Looking for a program to record an asx radio stream which plays in WMP.

The ones I've seen so far either cost or have limited(10 minutes) recording time. Really looking for a free product which will encode an MP3 ideally. Also timed recording will be required.

Jim.

Click the below link for a program called streamripper-the site is called sourceforge and is an excellent place for free programs

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_sea...ds=streamripper

When downloaded-Open the compressed folder-read the intructions- it's simple to do- when you've place the plug-in files in right place in the winamp folder it will become part of your winamp set up- When you start to listen to radio it will give you the option to record with no time limits- however unless the stream is marked with the individual songs it will only record in one long session- which esstianlly means you will have to put your own markers in the mp3 to allow you to forward through it

Sorry i've just read that again and I can see you mean Window media player rather than winamp!! I am not sure but try using Winamp instead and follow the above instuctions

I use it all the time and it will record to MP3

Winamp link-

http://www.winamp.com/player/

Dan

Edited by Moodyboy

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

Thanks, I can probably play the stream in Winamp. Will it allow timed recording though? Want to record stuff while I'm out,

Jim.

I'm not sure, however the sourceforge site offers lots of variations on the theme so it might be an idea to have a root around there, use capture/recording as your keywords and take it from there

Actually this might be of help

http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_l...mp;form_cat=115

Check out the *Internet DJ console that seems to offer the timed capture

Dan

Edited by Moodyboy

Thanks, I can probably play the stream in Winamp. Will it allow timed recording though? Want to record stuff while I'm out,

Jim.

Jim

What exactly are you trying to record? Can you post a URL?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Trying initially to record Fisherman's Blues:-

http://www.talksport.net/talksport-live.asx

Can't see any mention of timed recording in the spec for Internet DJ...?

JIm.

Your right!! I seem to have lost it!! Sorry my only suggestion is the streamripper but as you most probally worked out it does'nt have a timed record facillity.

The only other option would be to leave stream ripper on record while you go out then chop the file in a editing suite.

Dan

Jim

This software will do exactly what you want, but it is not free.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Looks good but at $50(!) think I'll keep looking...thanks though.

Jim.

$50 is only about £25. I spent about 6 hours searching for something that could do the job you want to do for free and I drew a blank.