ground bait?

topps999

well my uncle and cuzen mix their own ground bait adding all sorts like hamster food, bread and adding loads of different liquidized things, but i normally just buy the bagged stuff and add water? lol could any 1 tell me which is beta and wat is good in a mix? thanks -topps-

What's best is anything that works and in which you have confidence, really. Sometimes groundbait can kill a swim stone dead (especially in the colder months) and you might only need a few samples of your hookbait or even nothing but your hookbait.

Tell us a bit more about the sort of waters you're fishing and what you're aiming to catch and I'm sure you'll have lots of replies.

OI OI,

WELL NOTHING THIS TIME OF THE YEAR BUT IN SUMMER I LIKE TO USE "VITALIN" WITH A FEW SMALL HALIBUT PELLET'S MIXED IN OR TROUT PELLET'S EXCELLENT.

HOPE THIS HELP'S

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

WELL NOTHING THIS TIME OF THE YEAR BUT IN SUMMER I LIKE TO USE "VITALIN" WITH A FEW SMALL HALIBUT PELLET'S MIXED IN OR TROUT PELLET'S EXCELLENT.

HOPE THIS HELP'S

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

yeh thanks ^ =]

Tell us a bit more about the sort of waters you're fishing and what you're aiming to catch and I'm sure you'll have lots of replies.

i fish the river mersey alot about 300 yards away from the wier in woolston and there i catch pike breem,perch, roach, and a few other types, but in the scorchying hot summer months believe it or not we have seen massive carp rolling on top (aprox 30lbs+!!) also closer to the weir you can spin for salmon or sea trout!

other places i fish are lymm dam? normally have 2 rods out for carp and 1 on a quiver for anything else then i mite try my luck and go on plug for sum pike but winter type ^^ ima try piking more then carping now

but i need to no secret (hint hint) mix for carp in a lake/man made pits

thanks for help -topps-

QUOTE: but i need to no secret (hint hint) mix for carp in a lake/man made pits

thanks for help -topps-

Sorry to disappoint, but successful anglers don't rely on secret baits or ingredients - they're just better at understanding fish and their feeding habits. Often what works best is seeing what everybody else is doing and trying something a bit different.

Just keep experimenting and trying different things. It may be that if you're using a shop-bought groundbait, it's one that the fish have seen a lot of and are not feeding well on it. Carp catch on pretty quickly and learn to avoid baits they've been caught on previously.

Think it all depends on the water and time of year. I usually fish over a bed of hemp. As Davy R said sometimes groundbait can kill a water stonedead. I know sometimes tho that black groundbait can work in winter as it don't spook the fish so much, they feel comfortable swimming over the top of it as they are not silhouetted to predators.

Has anyone on here used blackground bait ?

Yogi.

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.