South West (Bath, Bristol etc) general

great_badir

Don't Amalgamated own Tockenham as well which has some good bream fishing?

Great perch to be had on the BAA ticket, especially down claverton under some of the trees and slacks. Does get deeper down Limpley stoke and TBH I found it very hard to fish due to the banks being so high....wasn't that productive either but wasn't fishing for Chub at the time and did spot some nice fish.

Tockenham has some nice fishing all over, but like Newton Park on the Bathampton ticket, it gets a fair old hammering all throughout the year, even during the week. I never saw it completely empty and even during very unsettled/very cold weather there were always at least five or six people there as it gives good winter sport on the silvers. Also they have a LOT of matches there. It's probably the nicest of the club commercial lakes round here, but also probably the busiest - I stopped going after my third year on the Amalgamation ticket, not because of any bad experiences, it was just so busy. And that was back in the late 90s - I dread to think what it's like now!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, I would think that any stretches we find between us will not be shouted about too much.

Great-badir I tried to send you a PM regarding pike on the river but I think you are short of posts to be able to accept them. Will send it through when I can.

Must get another amalgamated ticket in January. I didn't make full use of the last one I had, but I did have a few trips to Malmesbury and fished a cracking stretch of "natural" river with GlennB;

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Lacock-Stevew-t54769.html

Must get another amalgamated ticket in January. I didn't make full use of the last one I had, but I did have a few trips to Malmesbury and fished a cracking stretch of "natural" river with GlennB;

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Lacock-Stevew-t54769.html

Steve I think Malmesbury can be fished on a day ticket. If so, would you be up for a trip some time soon? I fancy trying out some stret-pegging for the roach.

Tockenham has some nice fishing all over, but like Newton Park on the Bathampton ticket, it gets a fair old hammering all throughout the year, even during the week. I never saw it completely empty and even during very unsettled/very cold weather there were always at least five or six people there as it gives good winter sport on the silvers. Also they have a LOT of matches there. It's probably the nicest of the club commercial lakes round here, but also probably the busiest - I stopped going after my third year on the Amalgamation ticket, not because of any bad experiences, it was just so busy. And that was back in the late 90s - I dread to think what it's like now!

Newton Park got very busy and TBH started becoming populated by goons...were no free swims to roam/leapfrog rods etc so stopped going.

Never fished the river at Malmesbury....any good pike spots?

Never fished the river at Malmesbury....any good pike spots?

See for yourself:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...&iwloc=addr

It's narrow, slow, not very deep, lots of features, good head of roach. I'm absolutely sure I could catch pike from it on wobbled deads or lures, but it doesn't look as if it would hold very large pike. Could be monsters lurking in there, though, you never know with pike.