AnglersAfloat Tournament Postponed

Starvinmarvin

It's been a very hard decision to make, but with a severe weather warning across the UK and the winds already building across the south, I've decided to postpone the UK side of the tournament.

For those that are able to get out safely, safely being the key word, your catch will still count.

For those that are unable to get out due to the severe conditions, the new dates are 13/14th January as next weekend looks as bad as this.

Sorry for the lateness of this posting, but have just been out for the day and witnessed the damage that winds are already causing.

If in doubt, don't go out.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call Starvin. I couldn't quite bring myself to fish freshwater this time and Portland Harbour was my venue of choice. Not confident I'd do well there but its the only venue I could think of where it should be safe fished in close to a breakwater out of wind and swell.

Good luck to the freshwater crew, the fish still count look forward to hearing the reports.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Thanks Simon, been playing on my mind all day, listening to the news reports and New Years Eve events being cancelled all over the country, then driving home from Guildford, there was a lot of branches down all ready, some quite large, Father Christmas was vertical on our porch roof and that was the final straw.

The event is suppose to be fun and it isn't much fun when lives are at risk.

David

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Good luck Martin, I'm hoping to still get out but a little later in the day than normal as the forecast gets a little better late morning.

Are you going out with GB and Stu?

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Good news SM, :clap2: had written this weekend off. If the weather plays ball next time then hopefully more will fish and we might manage some ashes payback. :thumbs:

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Dependant on conditions here I may still go out but the wind is pretty gusty tonight. I'll decide when I get up. The broad I fish is pretty large and cxan make paddling hard work if the wind is head on, which it will be as I circle it on my troll. we'll see - could be a good day for a twenty!

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Well just got off the phone to my Pike Fishing buddy and we are now going to give it a try on Sunday as the river is tidal we are up for a V.early start, oh how I like early starts at the weekend :D Just praying it doesn't rain to much before we get out there.

Good luck to everyone that is still fishing, the KFDU boys are suffering with severe weather as well I believe, so they might well be pleased about the postponement.

SM :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X