torbay report

jonsok1

i've just got back from my first trip this year, headed out to berry head at 4pm, just drifted the incoming tide, i've been told that a few codling are being caught. i've just found out how difficult it is to tell how far from shore you are in the dark, berry head was packed with shore anglers, i wanted to fish fairly close in, but when you can hear reels screaming then the dreaded splash you realise you maybe a bit close!, so out of range i go , i got plenty of bites but no joy then my first fish of 2007post-8171-1168037102_thumb.jpg

a nice whiting, it was the only one i caught, had plenty of pout, but no codling.

i was joined by our local seal he kept popping his head out about 20 feet away, also something started making a strange sound a bit like a scream , it got closer and closer then it broke surface about 20 yards away and blew out air i think it may have been a dolphin not sure though, all i know is it scared the s**t out of me, not nice in the pitch black,

i must say it was a really nice evening flat calm, just a word of warning , watch out for the trawlers, at about 6pm they all seem to head for home, they are'nt to bothered if a kayak is fairly close by, and some of those big trawlers push up a big bow wave, nothing my new best mate(prowler13) could'nt handle.

come on guys more fishing reports and less talk about your wives sex aids, or should that be the other way round :wallbash:

CHEERS

Great report Jon, Them Seals and Dolphins can be a bit off putting in the daylight when they pop up unannounced :o

dawn.jpg

kayaks038.jpg

Berry Head, What a fantastic place to fish brings back some good memories :thumbs:

Thanks, nifty. :)

Great report Jon, Them Seals and Dolphins can be a bit off putting in the daylight when they pop up unannounced :o

dawn.jpg

kayaks038.jpg

Berry Head, What a fantastic place to fish brings back some good memories :thumbs:

Thanks, nifty. :)

Excellent dolphin pic Nifty :thumbs: My mate tried to get a few shots of some in Anglesey and ended up with half a dozen pics of flat sea!!!

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Get yourself down to New Quay, and bring your mate as well Dave, There's plenty of Dolphins there most of the year, and even if you miss them in your pic, the sunsets are well worth it!!

kayaks037.jpg

dusk.jpg

Stu :thumbs:

Get yourself down to New Quay, and bring your mate as well Dave, There's plenty of Dolphins there most of the year, and even if you miss them in your pic, the sunsets are well worth it!!

kayaks037.jpg

dusk.jpg

Stu :thumbs:

Whooooa SUPERB Stu!

Not been to New Quay for years! must get down this summer! :thumbs:

SDD~~~~~ :sun: