fishing in Catfield Potter Heigham

hermes

Hi chaps, we are off to Norfolk in February staying in a place called Catfiled that seems to be near Potter Heigham.

I have no idea what it's like there regarding fishing and would like any feedback that you can give me please.

I'd be interested in any potential Pike venues preferably on the most local rivers to where we are staying.

I did a search but didn't really find what I was looking for!

Hi chaps, we are off to Norfolk in February staying in a place called Catfiled that seems to be near Potter Heigham.

I have no idea what it's like there regarding fishing and would like any feedback that you can give me please.

I'd be interested in any potential Pike venues preferably on the most local rivers to where we are staying.

I did a search but didn't really find what I was looking for!

Not fished there myself, but I've been through Potter Heigham several times and its a nice (busy) little village. It's a tourist area of that there is no doubt.

Yogi. :thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

Not fished there myself, but I've been through Potter Heigham several times and its a nice (busy) little village. It's a tourist area of that there is no doubt.

Yogi. :thumbs:

oh dear oh dear, my illusion is shattered....

I was expecting rolling countryside, sleepy villages and bubbling brooks with fish a plenty :blink:

If it's any quieter than Wroxham I'll be happy :rolleyes:

Anyway, whats the fishing like!

oh dear oh dear, my illusion is shattered....

I was expecting rolling countryside, sleepy villages and bubbling brooks with fish a plenty :blink:

If it's any quieter than Wroxham I'll be happy :rolleyes:

Anyway, whats the fishing like!

Probably one of the hardest areas on the Broads for pike at the present time.

Good Luck! - you'll need it!!

oh no sounds worse than ever!

Every year we got to Norfolk in the vain hope that my boy will catch some sort of toothy critter, my sons starting to think they don't really exsist!

So is there anything positive about the fishing in that area?

Getting desperate!

oh no sounds worse than ever!

Every year we got to Norfolk in the vain hope that my boy will catch some sort of toothy critter, my sons starting to think they don't really exsist!

So is there anything positive about the fishing in that area?

Getting desperate!

If I were you I might head up to Somerton further up at the end of the Thurne..I've had a few good fish out this year so far and the Roach and Skimmers are packed in fairly tightly..

I've had success by leapfrogging my rods along the length of the dyke and by wizzing a bait along (dependent on the wind direction) on a mini DIY drifter..

But as has been said it's not easy going, get afloat and give anywhere on the Thurne below Potter Heigham a bit of a swerve.

If you're going in February and it stays this mild, I'd head off to Heigham Sound and Hickling and work a bait across some of the weedy shallow bays. If you hit a few smaller Jacks they could be males courting a big female.

There are still some huge Pike 30+ in the Thurne, not many but I've seen them and un-fortunately not had one yet.

Theres always the Yare or the Bure..I'm sure a guided day out with Mr Bettell might put a few in the net..

Good Luck.