Truth or Fiction ?

Cranfield

I have been back and spoken to them explaining that I have reverted to IE 6, replaced everything, checked all plugs etc. and its still slow.

They have eventually agreed to organise a line test.

I only have one mains phone point and one extension line, that my PC is connected to, as we have digital telephones.

When I first had broadband, I blagged a lot of filters, claiming that the ones they had sent were faulty.

This is where their inefficiency works in your favour, as they sent me about 15 in total.

I changed all the filters yesterday and its still much the same.

Thanks for the speed test sites. :thumbs:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

If you have a Rate Adaptive connection, try disconnecting for at least 5 minutes every day.

I've just run the Namesco speed test sveral times and got download speeds varying between 1.3 and 2.3 Mbps. The upload speed was 372 Kbps every time.

This is consistant with other speedtests that I have used. All over the place!

The connection is supposed to be 'UP to 8Mbps'!

I've been told that the extension lead can make a difference but I can't reach the socket without one.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net